PDA

View Full Version : what do you all think about Chris Lazaruk?

fightstrap50
09-25-2005, 12:14 AM
For a really young goalie playing in only his second WHL game this kid looks pretty darn solid. He seems to be so positional and fast to follow the puck with his body. One weak spot Ive seen through training camp till now is the 5 hole, other than that I really like him so far.
IMO he looks better so far than Glass did in his rookie season, though were only 2 games in, But I recall Glass not being so reactive and fast as Lazaruk is as hes a lot bigger. But Jeff Glass turned out to be probly the best Goalie we had here for any amount of time, With comparisons to a young Dan Blackburn and the ever solid BJ Boxma. If this guy can continue to play like this he will be the next great goalie in this league one day. Watch out Dakers this kid might steal the show even though your a great goalie too. Way to start the season Chris, congrats on your first two wins in thw WHL and way to go Ice! Great weekend opener, congrats to everyone for playing so good together and pushing hard for the points. Keep it up guys its great to see! :thumb:

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
09-25-2005, 08:10 AM
He has gained a lot of confidence over the last couple of games. I doubt that there are many back up goalies that get the oportunity to start the season and play two in a row. He has looked very good to me, I thought that when he was in training camp last year that he had a good shot to make the team. I agree that Dakers will have to stand on his head or he may no see as many games as first thought.

Spungy
09-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Very quick and he sure saw the puck well both nights! Very very impressed!

icefan
09-25-2005, 02:31 PM
:thumb: I think Lazaruk was fantastic this weekend. When I seen him at the alumni game, I thought he was pretty good then. The whole team played excellent this weekend, they never really seemed to give up, like they did last year. Great!

tender
10-10-2005, 04:40 PM
i think chris has played exstremely well so far this season he seemed up and down in training camp and looked alittle questionable to start the season but was totally ready once it was time to play in his first game and has continued to do so i would have to agree with everyone that dakers has his work cut out for him once he returns . tender.

icefan
10-10-2005, 08:03 PM
I think he is super great