PDA

View Full Version : RD at Hitmen Game #2-Home Opener

Hitmen1
09-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Lets have a big crowd down at the dome this afternoon for the home opener. Hopefully the boys can play another solid game. If you cannot make it you can listen live on the Fan 960 at 2pm. GO HITMEN!

Tinner
09-25-2005, 03:11 PM
and if you really want to hear the game as its being played, tune in to 105.5fm. I expect it will be a big crowd

Hitmen1
09-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Wow, another dominating performance by the Hitmen this afternoon. Sounded like Freddie Pettersson was great today as were most of the boys. Sweeping the Rebels is a great way to start the season. Post game comments anyone?

Rebels Rock
09-25-2005, 05:42 PM
awww i'm sooooo sad!!!!! :(and mad :mad: ...but the rebels will get better..its just cuz there younger....(if cam ward was there..it might have been a different storry but anyway lol jk)..i think this shows how much Roman Wick does for the rebels :) imo

Courtney08-
09-25-2005, 06:59 PM
awhhh this sucks ohh well i guess.. maybe red deer will get better lol

RDRebelsfan
09-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Start Reimer

peatfan
09-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Great start of the year. 35 shots allowed in two games. Outstanding. Very good balance with three lines a threat and the fourth always hustling. And add a solid defense with Pogge in net. Could be a long and deep season. And to think we still have Kohn and Schultz to add to this team. Unless Schultzie sticks with Washington. It will be a tougher test on Thursday when the Ice comes to town and hopefully a better Dead Rear team shows up in two weeks. Regardless we will still beat them up.
Glad to see the team sticking up for each other when Pogge got hit. Vantuch has some good moves and has played much better than the training camp. Wasn't too timpressed by him then back he seems to be picking it up. Petterson does look like Sjostrom part 2 and Dupont is playing with so much more confidence than last year. Next year we will have 18 of these guys back. Memorial Cup in Vancouver. Watch the HITMEN win it. :thumb:

The_Vulk
09-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Not as big a crowd as I would have expected.

Only 7,340 fans, but it sure looked/felt alot less.

A solid full game of hockey by the Hitmen.

Awesome looking powerplay.

The tag-on off-side sure made the flow of the game great! They never should have removed that rule in the first place. More skating, more passing, more play-making! That is great hockey!

This team will sure be worth watching.

Ergo
09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Not as big a crowd as I would have expected.

Only 7,340 fans, but it sure looked/felt alot less.

I would not have expected more. The Flames are back, that means the Hitmen go back to playing second fiddle.

This is an NHL city first and foremost and the WHL is very definitely a second class citizen. Not in your mind or mine but in most other Calgarians it is.

As for the announced attendance as opposed to actual attendance the actual is always lower. They count all seasons tickets and all of the seats in the luxury section on the penalty box side of the rink (Avison Young Club) as bums in seats. Essentially if the seat is paid for they count it even if it is empty. :confused:

A solid full game of hockey by the Hitmen.

Awesome looking powerplay.

The tag-on off-side sure made the flow of the game great! They never should have removed that rule in the first place. More skating, more passing, more play-making! That is great hockey!

This team will sure be worth watching.

No argument with those statements. It is going to be a good year. :bounce:

Courtney08-
09-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Start Reimer

couldnt agree more!!!

Ergo
09-26-2005, 05:12 PM
couldnt agree more!!!

Whoa did you Rebels fans get lost somehow? In case you hadn't noticed this be the Hitmen forum. LOL only jokin'.

It just seems funny, up 'til this point 9 posts in this topic and five of them are from Rebels fans. ;) :thumb: