PDA

View Full Version : Pats wearing white helmets...

Fight Guy
09-26-2005, 06:05 PM
In the pre-season game I missed, I heard, then saw pictures of the Pats wearing white helmets. When I saw the picture of them with the white jerseys, I did not like it. Just seemed off. It may grow on me, but it looked odd. Plus I havent seen them in person yet.

In the home opener, they wore their 3rd jerseys...and I would have expected them to where blue helmets with the dark jerseys...but the wore the white helmets. It didnt look too bad. The actually suited the jerseys I thought. Adds more colour I think.

Now, my question is, are they wearing blue helmets with there blue jerseys, or will they wear white as well? Now white with the blues will not look good. I can already determine that. I thought the helmet change was weird. Though im sure they must now have two sets of lids. I guess we will find out for sure come Wednesday...which i'm also excited to see Swift Currents new white jerseys...assuming they are doing the half and half thing again and where their darks first.

That my take...

IamBatman
09-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Last year the Rockets wore white helmets with their home jersey's and I thought it looked stupid. They wore black lids for their third and away jerseys. I think they realized that this year and went back to the black helmets for all games.

kelownakarl
09-26-2005, 07:21 PM
The white of the uniforms and the white of the helmets is just off a bit.... Enough to make it look bad.

Fight Guy
09-26-2005, 07:25 PM
The white of the uniforms and the white of the helmets is just off a bit.... Enough to make it look bad.
Are you talking about Kelowna or Regina...because that is what I too noticed from the Pats picture I saw. The helmets were too white.

Fight Guy
09-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Just thought I'd post a picture of what the white lids look like with the red 3rds.

Fight Guy
09-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Blue to white comparison.

Fight Guy
09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Doesnt actually look TOO bad. But I still prefer the blues.

Bran
09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
The white helmets look alright with the third jerseys, but the blue definately look better with the white ones...The helmets aren't white white. They're off-white a little...that makes very little sense...but anyway, they don't look terrible but the blue helmets look much better.

HAF
09-26-2005, 09:34 PM
I think they look kind of sharp actually.

Number_4
09-26-2005, 10:27 PM
The white helmets do NOT look good with the third jersey's. Im kinda undecided about the white jersey's tho. Its not that it looks bad, its just different. I could get used to it, it would take a bit tho. The blue helmets fit the design and colour scheme better, but I think Im just about the only one that would notice a colour scheme here. lol.

Fight Guy
09-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I know it wouldn't look good, but I wonder what the white helmets WOULD look like with the blue jerseys, as the shoulder crest is white. It would just look rediculous, but Im still curious.

Bran
09-28-2005, 12:14 AM
The white helmets do NOT look good with the third jersey's. Im kinda undecided about the white jersey's tho. Its not that it looks bad, its just different. I could get used to it, it would take a bit tho. The blue helmets fit the design and colour scheme better, but I think Im just about the only one that would notice a colour scheme here. lol.
No, I noticed it too...I think maybe that's what they were going for, but the colours are off a bit, the helmets almost look dirty next to the bright white of the jerseys. And it blends in too much, looks kind of dull. I actually really like the white helmets with the third jerseys. It offsets it just enough...it's eye-catching. The blue ones look good with the red jerseys too, just different.

Flathead
09-28-2005, 07:55 AM
I think the white helmuts look good. They better do them up tight tonight though, as they are playing the new and improved SC Broncos. lol

patsrock83
09-28-2005, 05:03 PM
I think if that the numbers on the new jerseys were white it would make the white helmets look like more of a part of the uniform :groovy:

Fight Guy
09-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes. They would fit much better. The 'C' and 'A's on the jerseys are white, and you can see how they go together. Though I like the grey colour...it should be a bit lighter I think. I thought this when the jerseys first came out aswell.