PDA

View Full Version : Chipchura named captain..no surprise there.

Triton
09-27-2005, 11:43 AM
The Prince Albert Raiders are pleased to announce their team captains for the 2005-06 Western Hockey League season. 19 year-old centre Kyle Chipchura, entering his fourth season as a Raider, will be the team captain.

Assistant captains will be 20 year-old defenceman Evan Schafer and 19 year-old forwards Dane Byers and Aki Seitsonen.

Chipchura will debut with the "C" on his uniform this Saturday when the Raiders host Brent Sutter and the Red Deer Rebels at 7:30 PM at the Art Hauser Centre. This is the only time Sutter will be in Prince Albert before he coaches Team Canada at the 2006 World Junior Championships in Vancouver, where Canada will be defending gold medalists. The Rebels second visit of the season to Hockey Town North is February 3rd, 2006.

Wildeyes
09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
they only problem i have with the C & A's this yr is that ther is no 18 yr old or 17 yr old with a A on we have 2 19 yr old A 1 19 yr old C and a 20 yr old A who is going to lead this team next yr

i would of like to see may or gauths with a A on or Douce or ottman with a letter on cause chances are none of the guys will be back next yr

Sabes
10-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Chipchura had a hell of a game last night. Seitsonen also played very well. How about Jeff May and his 5 assists in 3 games too.

westbeach55
10-03-2005, 12:22 AM
I though seitsonen played excellant last night and chipchura. did you notice the ice wasn't the greatest alot of times aki was trying to make a move and the puck would slip off his stick. normally it seems to stick right on there

Knuckle Chucker
10-03-2005, 03:51 PM
speaking of ice conditions...did you guys notice when they were cleaning the ice before the shootout brunen only cleaned the crease amd a tiny bit in front of the red deer net and left the junk in front of the net where guys are trying to do there moves. the other linesmen almost cleaned out to the blue line...***?

I saw that too. He left a big bank of snow to the right of Leslie. He looked lazy doing it and did a crappy job. As these shootouts start to mean more the league is going to have to get on these linemens cases.

By the way, *** was May doing in the shootout. There were still several forwards that would have been better choices.

westbeach55
10-03-2005, 11:29 PM
I though ben Van lare played an excellant game and we got him for nothing. He skates well and gets in the corners