PDA

View Full Version : Schultz returned to the Hitmen

Ergo
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Washington have returned Jeff Schultz to the Hitmen.

Looks like a move or two is in the near future. With Schultz back we have nine defencemen. That's not going to work very well at all and we are still in need of some scoring up front. I'm not critisising anyone here, I think we have done really well in the first two games. However some more scoring up front would be nice.

My suggestion would be to trade Schultz (seeing as we really weren't expecting him back anyhow) for that needed scoring. I'm sure that there are some teams in need of a number one defenceman. It could turn out very well for the Hitmen.

Anyone else have any thoughts.

ScottyWazz
09-27-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm surprised that the Caps sent him back down to Juniors with how dismal their defense is going to be this year. But, that's neither here nor there.

I think getting some more insurance in the goals department would be a good pick-up. However, what are the odds that Kisio would do something like that??

Ergo
09-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I think getting some more insurance in the goals department would be a good pick-up. However, what are the odds that Kisio would do something like that??

Aww come on. Kis is a pretty good GM and has made some pretty astute trades in the past. :thumb:

It's his behind the bench performance I can't stand. :burningma He sucks big time as a coach. :spineyes:

Flames&HitmenAddict
09-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I heard that Carson was going to be used up front a bit this year . . . can't remember what day it was in the paper . . . I think Kis is a great GM . . . Every player he added/moved at the deadline was solid last year and it also looks like the kids he's drafted are solid.

Warriors33
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
The Warriors need one more solid D-man. Carson or Shultz would be a great fit. In my view, the Hitmen need a little bit more help upfront and the Warriors are deep in that dpt. Carter Smith Andre Herman, Steve Gillen, or Jacob Deitrich could be a big help.

Any thoughts?

Hitmen1
09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I am not surprised that Schultz has been sent back to us. He isn't ready for the NHL regardless of how poor the Caps will be this season. I agree more scoring is needed and I still think Carson is the defenceman that will be moved.

Trav
09-27-2005, 08:57 PM
a deal between the Blades and Hitmen. Perhaps Rabbit going to the Hitmen for Carson or another d-men. Carson would be a welcome addition to the Blades. Shultz I can't really see coming our way but he to would be a nice addition as well.

peatfan
09-28-2005, 01:27 AM
He wasn't ready for the NHL yet. Maybe he was as good as anyone on the Caps but that doesn't mean he should be up there. If they kept him an what will be the last place team and he ends up with a -75 and his confidence shot to hell, what will the Caps prove other than ruining a career or put it 5 years behind. Thats what Chicage did to McCarthy and he is finally ready for the big leagues. WHL is the place for Jeff so no surprise to see the Caps do the right thing and send him back.
Trade him? Maybe for a scorer that we could use. 9 d is too many and even if Carson and Eckett play up front we still have 7. Trading Jeff we will get a great return in either a 19 yr old or better yet a 17 or 18. I see next year as the year that the HITMEN will go to the Memorial Cup. Lets stock up for next year and maybe get a bonus trip to the cup this year. :karate:

wango tango
09-28-2005, 12:54 PM
blades gm molleken is in calgary thursday scouting. if something doesn't happen this weekend, it'll probably happen before the 20 deadline oct 13.

keep your ears to the ground hitmen fans.