PDA

View Full Version : Future looks bright

Homer
09-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Things are looking WAY up for the Cougs. I know it's early to be making any kind of a prediction, but with the speed & hustle show in the first two games I can't see them missing the playoffs yet again. Dana Tyrell is a 16yo who plays as though he's a 4th year vet, and VanDuynhoven is an absolute monster. Ryan Gillen played fantastic on D, and Bowles was real solid in net.

Vandekamp looks as though he's under control, and the boys have definitely bought in to the system. Brodsky's taken a pile of heat for this team, if their over .500 at Xmas I'll tip my hat to him for making some wise moves this year. :thumb:

Jovorock
09-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Brodsky's taken a pile of heat for this team, if their over .500 at Xmas I'll tip my hat to him for making some wise moves this year. :thumb:
As long as Brodsky keeps out of Vandekamps business and lets him coach, the Cougs should be on track again.

scamperdog
09-27-2005, 08:45 PM
First big test starts this weekend with 4 games in five nights

GF71
09-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Vandekamp will make a HUGE difference with this team. They may not make the playoffs this season, but Vandekamps teams ALWAYS compete. If they don't make it this season, they will next forsure. The guy is an absolute FREAK (Just watch him be him behind the bench...SERIOUS anger issues) but his track record is pretty undeniable.

Sput
09-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Well from watching his team play on the weekend he most be a damned drill sargent at practise. These guys are in incredible shape and had stamina like I've never seen here......ever. I missed the first period of Saturday's game, but by the look of the guys in the third, they looked like they should be only at the end of the first. Lots of jump. Lots of puck pressure. Always, always moving. Seattle was plain and simply out worked and out played. I'm not trying to say this team is going to win anything by the end of the season, but it sure looks like its going to be a fun ride to the finish. :bounce: