PDA

View Full Version : who should start tomorrow

scamperdog
09-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Who do think should start in goal tomorrow Dubnyk or Maniago or do we bring back Kramer he looked good in the preseason? I hope they give some of the young guys a chance here soon, right now with caring 6 extra can,t be good for the team.

KBF
09-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Quite frankly I'd start Dubnyk again. He needs time to re-adjust back to the WHL game.

As far as the backup position goes, I think Maniago is poop and Kramer is a much better fit for this team.

Jovorock
09-28-2005, 05:38 AM
I think Maniago is poop and Kramer is a much better fit for this team.
Nothing against Maniago, but Kramer looked pretty good here in Kelowna in the exhibition game.

Blazer Billy
09-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Who thinks Kamloops will finish ahead of Kelowna this year? I think a few teams are on the upswing and Kelowna's cycle is coming back down....

Jovorock
09-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Who thinks Kamloops will finish ahead of Kelowna this year? I think a few teams are on the upswing and Kelowna's cycle is coming back down....
Kelowna's cycle is coming down? This is could be the most talented team ever in Kelowna. The Rockets will have to rebuild next year, but there is alot of young talent on this team and alot coming.

KBF
09-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes the Blazers for the most part, have dominated the first 3 games of the season and show lots of promise to be one of the better teams in the league.

But to rate them as being better than Kelowna at this point, is really not an accurate statement.

Kelowna does have some excellent young talent, but their defense seems to be lacking this year or at least so far.

If the Blazers can keep playing to their capabilities, then its gonna be a good season here in Kamloops and a good hard battle for 1st place against the Rockets.

The Giants got nothing in my opinion, and I think Kootenay and PG will finish ahead of them.

Jovorock
09-29-2005, 04:21 PM
The Giants got nothing in my opinion, and I think Kootenay and PG will finish ahead of them.
The Giants are missing one player and the Rockets (who had no chemistry and was missing four top players) beat them in the first game of the season. Sure it's the first game but I was disappointed with the Giants team. I thought they would of been better. it's still early for all teams, wait and see how it shakes down.

Beaner
09-29-2005, 04:35 PM
But to rate them as being better than Kelowna at this point, is really not an accurate statement.

Couldn't agree more. Lets talk at Game 20. Then we will have a better idea of where all the teams are.

Kelowna does have some excellent young talent, but their defense seems to be lacking this year or at least so far.

I agree, and they are also missing some punch up front with some key injuries to top players. At least for the start of the year. Expect the first half to be a bit rough for them, but when they get their regulars back and into game shape, Spurgeon etc., they should turn it on for the last half of the year.

Not sure about that.

PG I think will be a lot better at home but have a rough time on the road this year. The new coach should help a lot to install a winning attitude at home but the road is always tough.

Kootenay and Vancouver have both lost a lot this year, hard to say who will be able to keep up their pace of last year.

PS - You start Dubnyk against Kelowna. Your #1 guy against the defending champs is a no brainer.

scamperdog
09-29-2005, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=Beaner]Couldn't agree more. Lets talk at Game 20. Then we will have a better idea of where all the teams are.

I agree, and they are also missing some punch up front with some key injuries to top players. At least for the start of the year. Expect the first half to be a bit rough for them, but when they get their regulars back and into game shape, Spurgeon etc., they should turn it on for the last half of the year.

Say what you want about injuries and missing regulars I think Kelowna has lost its key leaders and thats hard to replace

Blazer Billy
09-29-2005, 09:35 PM
look out for the green bomber, I hear the Rocket boys are shakin scared that Matty is coming to town...

scamperdog
09-29-2005, 09:48 PM
look out for the green bomber, I hear the Rocket boys are shakin scared that Matty is coming to town...
They should be very afraid this guy is looking good this year fighting is one thing but his hockey skills are way up from a year ago huge improvement in skating and make room in front of the net for the top line

Blazer Billy
09-29-2005, 11:33 PM
no doubt he's looking good and he can only improve with all the ice time and skating with Versteeg...

Hope to see him fight a few times this year too if anyone will fight him :)

Jovorock
09-30-2005, 06:30 AM
They should be very afraid this guy is looking good this year fighting is one thing but his hockey skills are way up from a year ago huge improvement in skating and make room in front of the net for the top line
The Rockets weren't afraid of him last year so I wouldn't imagine they aren't this year. It will be good to see how much Kassian's skating and hockey skills have improved from last year after a good camp in Minny.