PDA

View Full Version : Will Rodgers be back?

Sput
09-28-2005, 12:36 PM
It is looking more and more like Andy Rodgers might, stress might, stay with the Lightning. He has survived all the cuts so far, and T Bay is low on defence. According to the newspaper today the Cougs should know today, or at least this week, if he will be back. I hope this doesn't turn into another Eric Brewer situation. I remember the Islanders said they were sending Brewer back, and kept saying that, but ended up keeping him on the Island. The Cats need Rodgers back on their blueline, even though the guys back there now are doing a great job. The rookies, even the softmores, need that veteran to learn from, and the experience that a first round pick and projected Team Canada blue-liner is invaluable. Many things with this team hinge on Tampa's decision, and it can't come soon enough.

Homer
09-28-2005, 02:29 PM
If he's playing as good as they say he is, I sure hope so. If he's the Rogers of last year we could probably do without.

The trade of Pogge and Yeo for Rogers and Bowles will look pretty darn good if he shows up and does some damage. :frog:

Hitmen1
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
An Edmonton radio station had an interview with a reporter from Tampa on last night, and the reporter did say that Rogers was battling for the number 6 defenceman with the Bolts this year.

I guess he might just make the NHL out of training camp.