PDA

View Full Version : Rebels website

carson
09-28-2005, 01:17 PM
We're in the process of completely re-developing the Rebels website. Before we get too far into it, though, we'd like some feedback on the kinds of things you want to see on it. What needs to be added or changed? We can't guarantee that everything that is suggested will be implemented, but we'll do what we can. Please post your suggestions and ideas here!

Hockey101
09-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Something that would be cool is if you did highlights from the games and you put that on the web page. Starts with coaches comments from before the game high lights and then comments after the game. would be cool but maybe out of touch for the rebels??Or complete bios on the players new and old to see where they are and what they are up to? In the bio section have the players skating up to the camera and say i'm #26 Roman Wick and play center for the Red Deer Rebels.There is a little idea now lets see what you can pull off. :bounce:

3rebels
09-28-2005, 04:01 PM
I totally agree with the "Where are they now" updated and also "Who wore what number".
And by the by, 3rebels has nothing to do with No3 Phaneuf, it is the number of Rebel fans at the abode we call home. Thanks for the comments
What else on the sight - ANYTHING REBELS. Maybe a ticket exchange/have to give or sell thing. Last minute "I can't go and too late to go to the Fans site"
Just some thoughts and musings. :thumb:

tiny
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks for asking for input. Quick thoughts.

I would be very interested in:

a) finding out a little more about our players as people...details on...are they in school, interests, family, hobbies,
b) getting feedback from 4-5 fans, (like yourself, Mooner, Shiny, Charlie, RD reb, Reb66) on a regular basis on site.
c) knowing who is on our protected list or at least knowing how the prominent ones (late cuts and high drafts) are doing.
d) knowing where our former Rebs are and how they are doing. (Maybe even a posting area for items from them)
e) a little information on pro scouts that visit us often.

Shinyshoes
09-28-2005, 04:09 PM
As always, Carson, if you need a hand with anything.......

carson
09-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Shiny - drop me an e-mail at webmaster@reddeerrebels.com.

Rebrevs
09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I would really appreciate the kids pictures being put up ASAP. I think this takes a lot longer than is necessary. I also like the hobbies, likes and dislikes thing.

Courtney08-
09-28-2005, 05:04 PM
more pictures more pictures more pictures
more info in there bios

Tinner
09-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Funny that u would bring this up as i was just reviewing all the websites for the teams and found the rebels site to be lacking things that other sites have or make their site more user friendly.

one thing is a "links" page to other sites including other leagues, associations, general interest etc. would be nice.

an action photo page or a download page that has more than 1 download item.

Personally, if i go to the rebel website, i should be able to find out anything that is happening with the team, everything from soups to nuts as far as team management bios, scouting system and maybe even some of the players to watch that didnt make the team this year (not in favor of the PPL being on the website).

And of course, my last thing on my wish list........more regular or better updating of the site. It seems like sometimes the site isn't updated daily, which it would be nice if it was.

RDRebelsfan
09-28-2005, 06:20 PM
I tihnk everyone has covered pretty much everyting else.

However perhaps an actual online store. And a section for game photos.

carson
09-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Based on what has been said so far, I think you'll like the direction we're trying to move with the new site. Just a couple notes:

1. The head shots for the players just recently became available and they'll be up on the site by the end of the week.

2. The alumni info you're asking about can be found at: http://www.reddeerrebels.com/alumni.php?search=by_all
Though it needs to be updated for the new year.

Keep the suggestions coming! Also, I'd be interested to hear what you guys think are the best hockey team sites out there...

sir snipes alot
09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
I like what the hurricanes did with home game highlights. Check it out, the commincating is not so good, but with a voice like mooners, it coudl be cool.

OnePhan
09-28-2005, 10:26 PM
I hope you guys don't mind the input of a fan that lives very far away from Red Deer. I started listening to and reading about Rebels games a few years back when the Flyers drafted Woywitka. Then they signed Peter and Jimmy Vandermeer, Jeff Smith and later drafted Fraser. I've always been interested in how our prospects are doing. Little did I know that I would become addicted to junior hockey. There's just something about the games that is so different than the pros. We have plenty of hockey in the Philadelphia area, NHL, AHL and ECHL but no juniors so Red Deer became "my team".

Since I can only listen and read about the games I'd love to see a section on the site for game photos. Also player/coach post game interviews with their reactions concerning how the team played. I'm hoping that the new site will have an online store that actually has merchandise. I've been trying to get my hands on a red "R" hooded sweatshirt for well over a year now and can't seem to find one anywhere.

Good luck with your new site and have a great season from a fan in New Jersey!

charlie
09-29-2005, 07:31 AM
i'd like to hear what D.A. thinks about the website. he/she/it usually has some great insights. as for me, i would like to see pictures of puck bunnies...maybe a bunny of the day/week feature...maybe with a bio of their fav (notice the so-cool word)thinks to do, fav number/colour/tv show and kind of pizza they like.

D.A.
09-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Well, Charlie (u r sooo kuhl! :thumb: :spineyes: :groovy: ), since you asked...

I agree that the site needs more photos, though I understand they're not easily available a lot of the time.

I'd like to see the menu simplified with drop-downs like most other hockey sites use.

And I guess the main thing would be to have game recaps back again. Carson used to do an excellent job with those...

charlie
09-29-2005, 09:33 AM
there used to be a few pretty good recappers throughout the league as i recall...claude rusk in seattle, alan caldwell in calgary (i think he still does a few) and of course the master...carson. i heard a rumour that having babies and other things got in the way of recaps but perhaps with a little luck those guys will return one day maybe as grandfathers...something we can look forward too although i have heard that as one gets into the grey hair era their view of hockey tends to be a little jaded...a few too many "i remember way back when"...never interests the young masses.

D.A.
09-29-2005, 09:37 AM
This one time... at Blazers camp...

frontrow fan
09-29-2005, 12:42 PM
I like all the suggestions that have been made with the exception of the puck bunny one!!( they're bad enough already...don't put them on the net!! :evil: )
The Wilkes-Barre/scranton Pens have a pretty good site. They quite often have really good pictures, players, fans, players doing community work and such.Also they put some game Hi-lites etc to music, and made videos...that's kinda kewl!
I agree about the alumni...I'm very interested in what the former players are doing, where they are etc...
I believe it's MooseJaw that actually has "mailboxes" for all the players on the team as well, ( the puck bunnies would love that!!) but I would bet Sutter wouldn't go for it!! Radio clips from Boomer and Mooner, would be good...they come up with some good stuff!!