PDA

View Full Version : Blatchford Signs with Kelowna

Tipped Off
09-29-2005, 02:42 PM
According to a note posted on the WHL message board (I'm not sure of the source)...

"Ryan Blatchford was claimed off of waivers by Kelowna yesterday from Everett. If he plays a game for the Rockets, Kelowna will have to pay the $1000 waiver fee to the Silvertips"

My Take:
Blatchford is a serviceable third line defender. He's not overly "tough" but can provide the youngsters with some work ethic leadership.

The Tips had 6 O/A to start the offseason and, in the end, Blatchford could not beat out Kress, Annesley, Heshka or Wheat for the third O/A spot.

Kress & Annesley aren't overly talented forwards, so on a Tips team who's biggest question mark this season is defense, it should speak for itself that they decided to give up on an experienced defender.

As long as all that is expected of him is to provide some work ethic leadership and be a decent contributor to a third line, he would be a good fit. Anything more than that, I think your asking too much.

Heshkak
09-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Good for blatch that he got picked up (if it's true). He is a hard worker and it should be interesting if he suits up against the tips.

Bob in Everett
09-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Blatch deserves more hockey, Good for him. Check out this season ticket, it's me at the Grand Canyon in a Shaun Heshka jersey. Shaun looked right at home mingling with the crowd at the season ticket pickup party. He seems to enjoy the attention.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/Badbob4/ticket2.jpg

Heshkak
09-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Very cool picture! Gotta love the new years eve game eh? :)