PDA

View Full Version : Ice at Hitmen-Game 3

Hitmen1
09-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Hitmen with 2 late goals in the first. Merkley and Pettersson with the goals.

Hitmen1
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Ice get 2 of their own in the 2nd period. 2-2 headed to the third, should be a great finish. GO HITMEN!

Hitmen1
09-29-2005, 09:23 PM
No Scoring in the third or in OT, the first ever shootout for the Hitmen.

Merkley and Pettersson score in the shootout. Pogge made 2 saves in the shootout and the Hitmen win 3-2 and improve to 3-0! Great start to the season. Hopefully there are lots of post game comments on this game.

Trav
09-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Should be the top team in the central division. I know it's early but Pettersson is sure flying by the looks of things. Just hope he doesnt score against the Blades lol. Look forward to the Hitmen coming here.

RunTheGoalie
09-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Not a bad game overall. Hitmen played solid defense, as usual. Surprising that we got 40 shots off the Ice, but I suppose they are also seriously rebuilding.

I though Vantuch was terrible today. Took a couple dumb penalties, and really didnt have that jump. Kohn was shaky as well, but I would guess the disapointment at getting cut from his NHL team was weighing on him. He'll probably be in normal form by Saturday.

The Hitmen need to start doing a lot better on faceoffs.

peatfan
09-30-2005, 02:08 AM
Three lines that can score, not relying on just 2 players to do it all. Very impressed with Petterson. NOt to impressed with Costanzo. Got caught three times in his zone ehn the Hitmen were shorthanded with big turnovers. Moscaluk left after the first period. Hopefully it's nothing to serious.
Carson was been most impressive of the d in the three games. Really picked up his game. Both Kohn and Schultz had better games. Timing seemed to be off but I'm not to worried about these two. Next Sat should be win #5 :groovy: