PDA

View Full Version : Fight Card

Tipped Off
09-30-2005, 02:47 PM
In this thread I am going to try and keep track of the Tips fights for the 2005-2006 season.

Fight 1, Sept 24th, Evt @ Kamloops. Mark Kress Vs. Brennan Chapman.

I wasn't at the game, but this from a loyal Tips fan: Kress got his $#% handed to him by Chapman. Not a smart move to go after a guy like Chapman who can fight when you haven't fought in who knows how long.

Decision: Loss
Team Fight YTD Record: 0-1-0 (W-L-T)

Heshkak
09-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Ha. Good idea for a thread.

Tipped Off
10-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Prince George at Everett:
Myles Zimmer Vs. Randy King

Not much of a fight here. King wanted to go and Zimmer didn't. Zimmer hit one of Everett's players in front of the net and King took exception to it, coming to his defense. I'm not sure Zimmer ever even threw a punch, better yet landed one. King threw about 10 or 11 punches, but only landed 1, maybe 2. He threw his last one hard and Zimmer ducked. The momentum took King forward and down. They both fell &, although Zimmer landed on top, you can't give him points for a take down.

Decision: King (Only one who landed punches)
Fight Record: 1-1-0

Tipped Off
10-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Game 4. Spokane @ Everett
Chris Bruton Vs. Jonathan Harty

Both plyayers dropped the gloves right after the faceoff and showed their intentions. After almost two full circles around each other they came together and immediately Harty could be seen as the aggressor. While he threw tons of punches, he probably landed a good 3 to 4 solid shots. Bruton, who only got off 3 or 4 punches maybe landed one. Harty tried to pull Bruton's Jersey up, and in doing so, fell backwards. Bruton landed on top, but even from the benches reaction, it was clear who took this one.

Decision: Win

YTD fight record: 2-1-0

Tipped Off
10-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Game 5: Silvertips @ Americans
Michael Wuchterl vs. Logan Stephenson

From a trusted source: Wookie didnt get too many landed and Stephanson unloaded on him(most got his helmet though). Stephanson connected with a few after Wookies helmet came off and thats when he went down. Definately a big W for Logan.

Decision: Loss

YTD fight record: 2-2-0

Tipped Off
10-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Game 6: Spokane @ Everett
Jonathon Harty Vs. Mike Reich

Pretty much a non-fight. Two guys clutching, trying to throw punches & eventually falling to the ice. Not much to post about this fight.

Decision: Draw
YTD Record: 2-2-1

Tipped Off
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Game 8: Saskatoon at Everett
Brandon Tidball Vs. Brady Calla

Coming into the game I ranked Tidball as in the top 3 fighters/enforcers in the game. He lost my respect tonight.

First Geric started punching on Calla in a scrum in the corner. Calla is a smallish forward who is NOT a fighter. Then Tidball comes in over the top and goes two on one with Calla knocking off his helmet. Once they break free of the pack, instead of taking off his helmat and squaring off...he goes at Calla, who was obviously backing away, with his (Tidball's) helmet on.

I expected to see Tidball win easily over Calla. Instead, while I would still give Tidball the de win, he didn't impress in this bout. Calla probably landed a few fewer shots with less power, but nothing overly lopsided.

Granted Everett doesn;t have a real enforcer for Tidball to bout with, but to be the 2nd man in and blindside a small forwad, then give motions as he leaves the ice like Calla is chicken, is just ludicrous. I lost respect for Tidball tonight. And I typically respect the job enforcers do for a team.

Decision: Loss (because this thread doesn't account for mismatches)

YTD Record: 2-3-1

Tipped Off
10-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Game 10, Americans @ Everett
Kress Vs. Inglis

Started as a shoving match, turned into a fight. Inglis got the first few in and Kress went down to a knee. Once he got up he nailed Inglis with two or three decent shots while avoiding the punches Inglis threw. Inglis is much taller than Kress, so Kress kept having to lunge after Inglis. Kress managed to get Inglis' arm caught in his sleeve and that left Inglis a little defenseless to that side. Kress took advantage getting a few more in. Just as the linesman arrived on the scene, Kress also got the takedown.

Decision: Kress
YTD fight record: 3-3-1

Tipped Off
11-04-2005, 02:20 PM
So far the only recap I can see that actually has a stated opinion is this one from GiantsFan71:

"Don't remember much of the Lucic scrap, other than he was roughing it up, threw an elbow and the gloves dropped and the little dude handled him. For the Watt scrap, he just jumped the Everett player, got in a couple of jabs and a big uppercut, before the linesmen pulled him off. Premedatated forsure. The everett player still had his gloves on, if I remember right."

Game 14 - Vancouver @ Everett
Michael Wuchterl (5'9" - 205) Vs. Milan Lucic (6'3" - 205)
Both guys get an instigator in a game with 86 minutes in penalties & 16 power plays. I guess Savage fell in love with his whistle.

Decision: based on above, sounds like Wuchterl

Jason Fransoo (6'0" - 180) Vs. J.D. Watt (6'2" - 201)
Watt gets an instigator, five for fighting and a game misconduct. As it turns out, he also gets a one game suspension.

Decision: Since Fransoo never got his gloves off, but did get a five for fighting, looks like Watt got the only licks in, so the decision has to go to Watt.

YTD Fight Record: 4-4-1

Tipped Off
11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Game 17: Tips @ RD Rebels
Kress Vs. Cline
Kress was the victim of Cline looking for someone to fight. Another Tip actually started it, but Cline thought it was Kress & went after him. Unfortunately Kress doesn't match up here well. He did the only thing you could do when you know your overmatched, grab on & hold tight. Pretty much a wrestling match, but Cline did sneak in a couple.

Decision: Cline

Wuchterl Vs. Chapman
Wookie takes a few hard shots to the head and both players go down. Pretty quick fight and Wookie never really got in a clear shot. He only took a few, but in a short fight, that's enough.

Decision: Chapman

Tips YTD fight record: 4-6-1

Tipped Off
11-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Game 25
Regina @ Everett

Fight #1: Leckovic vs Fauth

Leckovic and Fauth square off. Leck moves in and nails Fauck with a smash to the face. Fauth staggers and just grabs hold for the ride. Leck rabbit punches a few times before Fauth's weight finally pulls them both down. Both exchange a couple on the Ice as the linesmen move in.

Decision: Clear win for Leckovic. Nice first bout as a tip.

Fight #2: Smyke Vs. Sievert
Sievert runs Smyke from behind and starts to fight. Smyke drops his gloves & Helmet. Sievert only drops the gloves and leaves the Helmet on. Sievert lands the first couple blows, but Smyke fights back pretty good..landing a couple of his own...knocking Sievert's helmet off. Sievert starts to take control as they go down to the ice and he lays a couple late ones on Smyke.

Decision: Edge to Sievert

Fight # 3: Doyle Vs. Robinson
Doyle comes in flying toward the goalie. Robinson nails him from behind and Doyle continues into the Tender. Robinson some how thinks this is Doyles fault and jumps him. Knocking his helmet off. After landing the first two or three, Robinson loses control of the bout. Doyle finally gets his bearings and starts to throw some punches,,,landing several. Doyle gets Robinson backed up to the glass and lands a few more before taking Robinson down.

Fight # 4: Kress Vs. Ross
The biggest win of the night for the Tips. Ross seems to be the instigator here, but once he gets Kress going, he gets whooped. Kress lands blow after blow as Ross bends at the waist to protect himself. He finally reaches up and grabs Kress' jersey to pull him down. It was the only way he was going to get out of there.

Decision: CLEAR win for Kress

Ytd fight record
6-7-2

Tipped Off
11-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Game 27
Ice at Everett

Thoring Vs. Lee

Someone from Everett nailed an Ice player with a cheap shot...and it definately was a cheap shot. Lee came to the defense and pummeled Thoring ( I can't be certain it was Thoring who laid the cheap shot). Lee, who by all accounts isn't much of a fighter, showed it here. After letting loose on a couple high flying rights, he got pummeled blow after blow from Thoring. All he could do was try to hold onto Thoring''s sleave to slow him down. Eventually, after landing five or six blows without a response, Thoring stopped throwing punches and let the linesmen come in to put an end to this whooping.

Decision: The only thing the Tips did win tonite was this fight. Thoring takes it.

YTD fight record: 7-7-2

Tipped Off
12-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Game 30
Everett @ Portland

Bailey Vs. Potuer

Bailey and Potuer had scuffled earlier in the game so after the Tips scored their 3rd unanswered goal these two threw down the gloves at center Ice after the face off. They circled around for a few seconds before coming together. Once they did, Potuer probably wishes they hadn't. Bailey pummeled him...landing about 4 or 5 consecutive shots before his mmentum carried him down onto the Ice. Officialy Potuer gets the takedown since he was on top, but Bailey clearly won this one. Potuer was bleeding from his face, but this one could have been much more costly for Portland. Instead of going to the box he had to leave for X-rays to his hand. He was doubled over in pain as he left the ice. He could have seriously hurt it on Potuer's face.

Decision: Bailey

YTD fight record: 7-8-2

Tipped Off
12-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Game: 35
Seattle @ Everett
Stamler @ Ellington

It's been a while since Ellington went after it. He was advised by the Doctor after a sever concussion to back off the fighting. After the face off these guys threw down the gloves. Ellington wanted Stamler to make the first move, but he wouldn't oblige. Finally Ellington went in and for some unknown reason, all stamler did was grabbed him and held on. Ellington finally got an arm free and threw some rabbit punches...even landing a couple. Finally Ellington was able to get in a couple uppercuts, which landed. Ellington also got the take down and I don;t think Stamler ever even attempted to throw a punch. Pretty bad effort by Stamler. Why throw down the gloves if this is the result? Losing 4-0 at the time, this was adding insult to injury for the T-birds.

Decision: Ellington
YTD Fight Record: 8-8-2

Tipped Off
01-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Game 41
Tri City at Everett
Fight #1
Sonne Vs. Swaby

This one was no contest. Sonne and Swaby squared off as if to fight...except someone needs to tell Swabe you actually have to throw punches to be involved in a fight. As they come together Swaby just grabs Sonne and has no interest in actually fighting. While holding Swaby with one hand, Sonne raises his hand up and down to the crowd to insight applause...then wails five or six punches on Swaby (one or two that actually land)...before anothe wrestling match breaks out. At one point Swaby is holding on with both hands and Sonne lets go with both hands and raises BOTH arms to the crowd (I assume this is why he got the 10-minute miscoinduct). Eventually Sonne re-engages and just throws Swaby to the Ice.

Decision: Clear win for Sonne

Fight #2
Sonne Vs. Stephenson
Both teams come togehter in front of the Ams net. One of the Americans takes down a Tips player and Price Punches him (with his Glove) twice. Sonne rushes in to defend and gets mugged from behind by Stephenson. Only one or two punches were thrown in this one and Neither player ever got their helmets or gloves off until the very end. Since Smith never called anything on Price, although I'm sure the league office might, Sonne somehow gotan instigator, a 5 for fighting and another 10-minute misconduct.

Decision: Draw (for this non fight)

YTD fight record (Finally above .500 again): 9-8-3

Tipped Off
01-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Game 42
Portland @ Everett
Potuer Vs. McLaren

After Hromas scores as 14:47 of the third the Hawks had enough. Someone was going to take out a Tip. Potuer was the chosen one. It was obvious he didn't want to go. As Zalaski dropped the puck McLaren skated into Potuer and wanted him to drop the gloves. When he wouldn't oblige McLaren just started after him. Eventually Potuer dropped 'em and tried to fight back, to no avail. I'm not sure exactly why, but after taking two or three blows Potuer dropped to one knee and should have just went down. By getting back up he just took a few more shots before eventually getting knocked ot the Ice. Not much of a match here.

Decision: clear victory for McLaren against an unwilling opponent

YTD fight record: 9-9-3

Tipped Off
01-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Game 46
Vancouver at Everett
Watt Vs. Ellington

Vancouver was definately the agggressor in this game. It looked like there would eventually be a fight and there was, allthough not much of one. Both guys knew it was coming and Watt pounded Ellington. In fact, Watt had to put Ice on his hand in the box because Ellington hurt it with his face. After roughing it up a little against the boards, Watt knocked Ellington's hat off and they went at it. Watt nailed Ellington with a few good shots and Ellington looked like he threw himself to the Ice, wanting it to be over. Watt got a couple more shots in and that was that.

Decision: Easy one for Watt
YTD fight record: 9-10-2

Tipped Off
01-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Game 49
Spokane at Everett
Bruton Vs. Sonne

After Sonne gets called for Elbowing and serving his sentence, he is back out on the ice doing his best impersonation of a pinball machine. I had commented to my wife in the last game against Tri-City that Sonne seems to be a slightly more talented version of Mike Wuchterl. I also said he ALWAYS goes in with his elbows up and would be called for one of those. Sure enough, he was in this game. Anyway, there he was slamming Burton into the wall when Bruton must have said something to him. As he skated away he turned to look at Bruton, gave a nod, and they both dropped the gloves and began the dance. When they came together Bruton got in the first five swings. I'd estimate two of those connected well and a third was a glancing blow. Sonne finally got off a couple misses before getting knocked to his knee by Bruton. This seemed to spark Sonne as, when he got up, he started swinging. Of the five or six swings though, he only connected on one from my angle. Finally Bruton throws one or two more before Sonne finally gets the leverage and throws Bruton to the Ice. For Sonne I think the takedown was a little to late to salvage this one, however.

Decision: Bruton in a squeaker

YTD Fight Record: 9-11-2

Tipped Off
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Game 55
Everett @ Portland
Harty Vs. Gazdik

Unfortunately, I missed this one...I started watching at the start of the 2nd period. Can someone send me the recap?

Decision: None yet
YTD fight record: holding at 9-11-2

Kristi
02-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Game 55
Everett @ Portland
Harty Vs. Gazdik

Unfortunately, I missed this one...I started watching at the start of the 2nd period. Can someone send me the recap?

Decision: None yet
YTD fight record: holding at 9-11-2

Watching it on the internet feed it was a draw. Harty got some good punches in. The Portland guy also did. He wanted a piece of Hamill but Harty stepped in and took care of it.

Tipped Off
02-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Game 55
Everett @ Portland
Harty Vs. Gazdik

OK, I trust Kriti's opinion so we'll go with what her opinion of it was.

YTD fight record: holding at 9-11-3

Tipped Off
02-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Game 57
Spokane @ Everett
Brennan Sonne Vs. Jason Lynch

Wow! Impressive tilt for Sonne. Lynch wanted someone to dance with after Evt took a 6-3 lead and he decided to ask someone 5 inches and 30 pounds smaller than he is. Sonne's played in about 1/2 a season with the Tips now & he looked decent in one fof his two or three fights. Thisone started off slow, with both players just circling each other for what seemed like forever. Lynch finally jumped in and missed with a couple rabbit punches. Sonne just held with one hand and kept the other one cocked. Finally Lynch starts to really throw, landing a couple and Sonne comes right back. He nails Lynch with a straight on shot and stand toe to toe with him throughout a good long bout. They exchanged punches with Sonne landing the better quality punches. Finally they just hugged and tried to get the take down, but neither of them wanted to go down first. Sonne tired with the bigger Lynch weighing him down and finally dropped out. Lynch threw a few more and both benches rapped their sticks claiming victory. As Sonne headed to the locker room no less than four players greeted him out on the ice in congratulations. I thnk their expecations must have been the same as ours inthe stands...which was something along the lins of "protect yourself Sonne" lol. I'm not going to say
Sonne outright won this fight, but a draw against the much bigger Lynch is a great showing here.

YTD fight record: 9-11-4

Tipped Off
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Everett @ Tri-City

1. Nicolaus Knudsen Vs. Torrie Wheat
2. Brennan Sonne Vs. Donnie Glennie
3. Jonathon Harty Vs. Donnie Glennie

Three non night, fights...really.

1. Wheat never fights and is shows. Both guys mug each other and dance around but barely any punches thrown and neither player ever goes down. Knudsen wrestles with Wheats shirt a little and gets it up over his head, but never really even throws a punch. Decision: Draw.

2. Sonne does his typical wait until the opponent has thrown a bunch of punches and tires himself out dance, but this time they fall before Sonne gets a chance to punch back. Nevertheless, Glennie only hit air and never landed a punch. Decision: Draw

3. Glennie wants more action than hi non-fight versus Sonne provided so he goes with Harty. He lands one or two this time, and gets the take down in a 10 second battle thats over before it begins. Decision: Edge to Glennie

YTD fight record: 9-12-6

Kassian
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
What happened with Stephenson getting the extra fighting major? Did he jump Alic for the boarding penalty?

Tipped Off
02-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Yep, exactly. Alic boarded a TC guy and Stephenson jumped him from behind and continuously punched him while Alic lay on the ground covering his head...lol. Wheat and Knudson's gamer came as a result of extra activity during this scuffle. The scoresheet looks better than the actual events as far as fighting is concerned. Stephenson probably got the most punches in of any of the scuffles. They were all more like dances.

HAF
02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Alic deserved everything Stephenson gave him. Good recap on the fights. I was there and you called them all pretty much right on.

Brad
02-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Glennie had family in town for the game...could you tell? :D Man...the Americans do hate the Tips.

On the other thread I saw the official release from the Tips used the wording "trounced". I am surprised they worded it so unprofessional in an official release. Is that common?

Tipped Off
03-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Game 63
Portland @ Everett
Wheat Vs. Dubinsky

Looked like Dubinsky got the only real solid shot in and the take down.
Decision: Gotta give it to Dubinsky....but Wheat gets an A for Effort and for two fights in three games!

Semi Line Brawl:
1. Lammers Vs. Hansen
2. Ellington Vs. Gordichuck?
3. Heshka Vs Bubnick
4. Calla Vs. Dubinsky?

1. High Sticking called against Hansen. He has words for Hamill. Lammers jumps in a takes him off Hamills hands. Lammers lands all the good blows early. He tires a bit and Hansen gets in a few. Lammers ends strong but eventually falls backward and Hansen gets the takedown.
Decision: Had Lammers got the takedown, I'd give him the edge. As it is, Draw.

2. Ellington Vs. Gordichuck. Over before it begins. Ellington lands a couple to and Gordi holds on for dear life. No take down in this one. A hug fest ends it.
Decision: Edge to Ellington

3. Heshka Vs. Bubnick. Nothing happened here, Heshka's not a fighter, but some minor punching and hugging.

4. Calla Vs. Dubinsky: Didn't see much of this one, so until I get some reliable input....

YTD fight record: 10-13-8

Tipped Off
03-01-2006, 11:40 PM
If anyone has reliable/non-biased recaps of these, send them to me so I cam ,atch them up with what I have. Too much going on to see all of it.

Tipped Off
03-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Game 64
Seattle @ Everett
McEwen Vs. Sonne

All I can say is WOW! I didn't know Sonne had that in him. When I saw who he was going with I figured he was overmatched. When I saw McEwen grab him by the shoulder and hit him with two or three glancing blows, I thought He was really in trouble...when I saw Sonne then fire five in a row, one that was the best punch of the year squarely to McEwen's face, I was shocked and in awe! They both tangled for a while longer trading glancing blows until Sonne gets the take down!

Decision: Very Clear win for Sonne!

YTD fight record: 11-13-8

Side note: We've had 32 fighting majors YTD, Nine of those have been in the last three games.

ihlemic10
04-17-2006, 11:40 PM
No Kresser recap from game 3 Vs Kelowna???

Tipped Off
04-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Sorry, I only got to see the game via webcast and it didn't show the bout very well. My son had just been discharged from a 12 day stay at Swedish Hospital.