PDA

View Full Version : Rebs vs Reg

Tinner
09-30-2005, 09:22 PM
I listened to most of the game and it sounded like a repeat of the game I listened to from Cgy. Its going to be a long year I'm afraid.

There were no real scoring opportunities othe than the pp and the team lacked that concerted effort to create the chances. Also sounded like the D got burnt quite abit....or caught napping.

Looking for better games to come.....

RDRebelsfan
09-30-2005, 09:28 PM
I listened to most of the game and it sounded like a repeat of the game I listened to from Cgy. Its going to be a long year I'm afraid.

There were no real scoring opportunities othe than the pp and the team lacked that concerted effort to create the chances. Also sounded like the D got burnt quite abit....or caught napping.

Looking for better games to come.....

sadly i'm agreeing on the long year part. I think that rebuilding yr we were supposed to have in 03/04 and 04/05 has finally truly arrived. 0-3 to begin outscored 5-15 that is unacceptable. Sutter better sink his teeth into this players FAST. Perhaps they need time to gel and could improve, remember in 03-04 we started 2-6-1....and we ended fine, we can only hope they turn around.

RDRebelsfan
09-30-2005, 09:30 PM
if we don't...do we have another 94-95 on our hands?

patsfan#2
09-30-2005, 11:08 PM
what happened in that first fight of the game with schenn and i dont know the rebs player, who won, any good details?

bandwagonboy
10-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Do you think that Sutter will be able to turn this around? Isn't it true that he won't be around for a good part of the season due to the world jrs?

Don't get me wrong, I know it's way too early to be predicting a last place finish.

FELIX17
10-01-2005, 11:00 AM
As you know, the Rebels are in PA tonight to meet another struggling team. PA was absolutely terrible last weekend. A little deja vu of the Blades from a couple of years ago. Anholt has had two a day practices all week because of last weekend (7 am and 1:15 pm). PA is headed on their west coast swing following tonight's game. Whoever wins tonight maybe can gain some momentum and turn their season around.

Courtney08-
10-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Sutter can turn anything around. but I dont see us being the top team by any means.. we need roman back or at least someone who can score!!

RDRebelsfan
10-01-2005, 11:52 AM
the way we're going down the bes timo with the players we got the best that we could possibly do is .500 or a sub .500 team

I hate to admit it, but that's how it seems to be shaping up.

Flathead
10-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I can't see Sutter having a losing team, he seeams to always get the best out of everyone. If you guys continue to struggle, I would expect some of Sutters trades to happen. These kids are young and used to attention, you get a couple hot heads(White and Williams in Swift a couple years back) not liking Sutters fair but demanding ways and it can ruin a team. We in Swift know all to well. I'm not saying that this is what's wrong in Red Deer, it may just be rebuilding, but you never know.

D.A.
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah - let's just throw in the towel. No one can recover from an 0-3 start.

Tinner
10-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah - let's just throw in the towel. No one can recover from an 0-3 start.

I think you have missed the point of this thread. Its not about being 0-3, its not about losing, its about the way they are losing. Lack of scoring. Now, if Wick gets back and a reasonable trade is made, providing any team is willing to take on a 20yr old, things can and will change. Your point of its early in the year is valid, a 0-3 start is easily something that we can recover from, in fact, build upon, but there needs to be improvement in the teams overall offensive output. The team is young and not for 1 minute do I think it should be used as an excuse. You have to play the cards dealt to you. I don't believe that any of the posts suggested that we throw in the towel, only that our past expectations and performances', plus Sutter's history of successes, make us expect a winning team every year.