PDA

View Full Version : Prince George at Vancouver 9/30

Beaner
10-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Well, a 5-1 win for the Giants Last night. Giants pretty much dominated the entire play the entire game. Shots were 35/17. Giants 1/3 PP, PG 0/1, with a SHG allowed.

Good game if you were a Giants fan, I would be upset with the lack of Effort from the PG team last night if I cheered from them. PG looked like they played in 2nd gear the entire game.

GOALS
-Repik 1st goal of the season, nice shot from the circle 5-hole, on a 2-1
-Gendur(PG) with a wicked shot top corner. Very nice shot.
-Lamb grabbed a PP goal off of a rebound, with the goalie splayed out.
-Bartleys Shorthanded goal another 5 hole. Bowles probably should have come out to knock it away, but hindsight is 20/20.
-Rutherford and Franson with the final 2 goals top shelf to finish it off.

FISTICUFFS

The fight between Lucic and Featherstone started after a check from behind thrown by Lucic. Draw. It was mostly wrestling a few punches early by Featherstone, a few at the end by Lucic.

Wishart caught Rutherford with his head down with a nice clean bodycheck at the blueline. Rutherford bounced right back up, but Machachek decides that Wishart isnt allowed to do that. Props to Machachek for standing up for a team-mate and not just grabbing on to Wishart, but Wishart got the better of him. Clear win for Wishart.

The next 2 fights both started after face offs, both were pretty good scraps, Hunt/Tyrell, and Watt/Gillen. Both fighters got some good hits in, call them draws, maybe a slight edge for Watt in scrap #2. Both came after discussions at faceoffs.

When Lucic got out of the Sinbin, gets right into another scrap with Stengler on the ensuing faceoff. Good hits by both guys, call it a draw.

Overall, if it wasnt for the fights at the mid point of the 3rd would have been a pretty boring game.

PG lacked any enrgy or jump, I expect them to be better tonight against the Tips.

Nice to see the Giants standing up for one another in the Fisticuffs department. A good win for the Giants in all aspects of the game.

Slade did tweak his knee again, I believe in the 2nd period, but he shook it off and stayed in there. Hopefully it is nothing to serious.

Beaner
10-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Forgot to add.

Savage was our Ref for the night. Called a pretty good game, but he did let some of the new intereference rules go. Figured he could have called about 4, maybe 5 more penalties overall, but a good job. Give him a B for his game.

langdak
10-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Forgot to add.

Savage was our Ref for the night. Called a pretty good game, but he did let some of the new intereference rules go. Figured he could have called about 4, maybe 5 more penalties overall, but a good job. Give him a B for his game.

I agree, i give him a B as well

although i didnt agree with the call on Lamb early in the third, he called it roughing, at best it was a 10 for diving, WEAK call in my opinion