PDA

View Full Version : Slade #1?

Fight Guy
10-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Curious if he is the #1 goalie. I see he's played the first two games, but have no clue about the other goalies. And how has he looked thus far? Wish he were still in Regina. Woul dhave made this years Pats much better yet.

Beaner
10-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Curious if he is the #1 goalie. I see he's played the first two games, but have no clue about the other goalies. And how has he looked thus far? Wish he were still in Regina. Woul dhave made this years Pats much better yet.

No doubt he is the #1 guy.

Took an Unsportsmalike penalty last night, said something to Savage I think, could see that he was kicking himself for it later. He knows he has to keep his temper in check this year. Guys have been crashing the net and Dustin has just been skating away. A good sign, but it is still early.

Looked pretty good in both games, misplayed a puck behind the net for the first Kelowna goal, but over all his play has been very good. The other goals in Kelowna and at Vancouver were both good goals, nothing soft let in yet.

As to the other goalies,

Sexsmith has a pelvic injury and he has actually returned home to rest/recoup. Sexsmith was a lock for #2 guy, but with the injury, its really hard to say when he may back this year.

Tartalgione had a Fantastic pre-season, went 7-0. But I think it is clear he is the #2 guy right now. The rumor mill has it that lots of teams are calling about Tartalgione, but Bonner has said he is not on the trade block. Tarts, definatley earned a start, but I think Hay is sending the message that Slade is the guy. Maybe see him against the pats, or in one of the PG games next weekend, on the road. I really like Tarts, good goalie, plays the puck extremely well, and seems to have a real fire to play.

It is very early to say things about teams this early in the year, but for the first time I am not spending my time worrying about the Giants at the goaltending position. Still early though. We shall see.

rinkrat
10-01-2005, 06:08 PM
I predict Tartaglione will start against PA on Tuesday.PA has played lots against Slade and will try to get him rattled,good time to start the back up!

westbeach55
10-01-2005, 06:14 PM
it was funny watching slade flip out last time he was in pa. For sure he would get rattled playing the raiders. wow if that kid could keep his lid on he can be one of the best in the league

Beaner
10-01-2005, 06:31 PM
it was funny watching slade flip out last time he was in pa. For sure he would get rattled playing the raiders. wow if that kid could keep his lid on he can be one of the best in the league

It is even funnier that in the last time he was here in Vancouver with the Pats he freaked out, getting into a pretty good slashing contest/Fight with Triston Grant.