PDA

View Full Version : Seattle at Vancouver Oct.2

Beaner
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Well it only took a year but we finally scored on Seattle at home :laugh: .

Another excellent job by the Giants, dominated all areas of play once again.
Seattle did not show up and did not play very well tonight at all. Shots were, 31/14 in favour of the Giants, 2/4 on the PP for Giants, 0/7 for Seattle, with only 3 count em 3 shots on the PP. Seattle did get 1 SHG but Vancouver responded on the same PP to take back the lead.

Goals
1-0 Fistric puts a shot on McHale from the point nice big rebound for Repik.
1-1 Durand chips the puck past Fistric on the Penalty Kill takes it down ( 2 on 1) and wires a nice shot high glove side on Slade.
2-1 Same PP, Hunt takes the puck from behind the net, feeds Franson in the slot who tees up and blasts it past McHale.
3-1 Bartley and Repik are on a 2-1, Bartley fakes the shot, slides it over to Repik who has the open Cage. Very nice fake by Bartley.
4-1 On the PP, Watt gets the Puck at the Half Boards/top of the circles, And just lets one go top shelf. Think it rang off the post. He looked a bit shocked it went in. Nice shot JD. :)

FISTICUFFS
After some play in the Giants Zone, Gabriel and McEwan decide to dance. I didnt see what set it off, but it was over quick. McEwan with a few good solid punches before Gabriel slips and McEwan ends up on top. Win for McEwan in a short affair.

OFFICIATING
Zalasky got the call tonight. Not a bad game. Not a great game. Missed a few, called a few strange ones, but overall not too bad. I'll give him a C+ for the night.

OVERALL
A little chippy. Slashing, Boarding and Hits from behind were the flavour of the night. Kraus got a 5 Min major for a brutal hit that he rightly deserved. Missed the Seattle player who had to be helped off, hopefully he is ok. Durrand came in and tried to get some revenge, but was unable as the linesman and everyone else was in pretty quick. This happend with less than 5 to go, looked like Seattle had a chance to at least get some revenge on the scoreboard, but I think they only generated one shot on that 5 min. Major. Seattle did not play well. A long trip home I'm sure.

Nice work again boys, lets see the same effort on Tueday vs. PA.

3 Stars

1. Fistric
2. Repik
3. Franson

langdak
10-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Holloway was the one that got whacked from behind by Kraus

The hit happened right in front of where i sit and Holloway's eyes rolled back in his head as he fell to the ice, looks like it might have hurt a bit :)

As i dont agree with hits like that, i dont think Kraus was fully to blame, Holloway did turn his back as Kraus was approaching, but needless to say it was not pretty.

All in all, a great game for the Giants, nice to see 2 dominating wins back to back.

thankyougiants
10-03-2005, 09:38 AM
I am surprised you didn't note the Seattle Strangler! #16 Ryan Gibbons trying to choke JD infront of the net!

Beaner
10-03-2005, 10:29 AM
I am surprised you didn't note the Seattle Strangler! #16 Ryan Gibbons trying to choke JD infront of the net!

You know I forgot all about that. Gibbons was trying to get a little revenge on JD after a cheap shot on some Seattle player, that you could say was a penalty. NIce to see JD just take it and let Gibbons go to the box for Roughing.

Beaner
10-03-2005, 12:08 PM
As i dont agree with hits like that, i dont think Kraus was fully to blame, Holloway did turn his back as Kraus was approaching, but needless to say it was not pretty.

Ok, well he may have turned a bit, but Kraus also had has Elbow up and connected with that as well on the hit. As soon as he hit him, I said thats a Major.

There was no need for that hit at that point in the game. No need at any point in any game to be more accurate.

langdak
10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Ok, well he may have turned a bit, but Kraus also had has Elbow up and connected with that as well on the hit. As soon as he hit him, I said thats a Major.

There was no need for that hit at that point in the game. No need at any point in any game to be more accurate.

Beaner i totally agree with you, there is absolutely no need for hits like that in any sort of hockey game, anywhere in the world

But it happened, and we move on

Bring on the Raiders