PDA

View Full Version : Rebs vs MJ

Tinner
10-03-2005, 09:22 AM
I never got to listen to the game. Any Reb fans out there have a recap they could post.

3rebels
10-03-2005, 09:32 AM
From what my wife and I heard, it wasn't pretty. Tied at 2 - 2, WAlker breaks his stick and MJ scores and 17 seconds later Blair Jones scores again. Defence and lack thereof is killing us. ANd the D is not supposed to be our weakness this year. Has anyone got any Instant Team Gel :confused: :confused:

frontrow fan
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I know people keep saying "don't panic" .... ok...I'm not panicing!! but I am just a tad "worried" :eek: I agree with above comments... game didn't sound good... I thought until the last period they had done "all right" but then I wondered if Gaume didn't put on any D-men or were they taking a break or what?? And the goal tending is giving me stress!! :skeptical As much as I liked Leslie last season, I dont' know what's happening this year... is he worried that Reimer will take his #1 spot?? Yeeeesh!! I hope they can put together some wins and at least make some games enjoyable to watch!! But I'm still not panicing!!! :spineyes:

Rebrevs
10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I listened to the game and it seems like the kids are going through the gowing pains that they were expected to go through. This is going to take time. It may take the whole season. I have a lot of faith in Sutter as a coach. I'm sure he knows where the weaknesses are and if the solution requires a trade or more patience. It seems to me that Sutter started with some pretty raw 16 year olds that eventually became part of the Memorial cup winning team. They barely made the playoffs in that first year if I recall. One thing I know for sure..... I refuse to get into any kind of a negative "ragging" session about this team. I have witnessed it occur with other teams on the WHL message board and it can get pretty ugly. Go Rebels go!! This message was not addressed to anyone in particular on this board. This is just my opinion.

RDRebelsfan
10-03-2005, 05:38 PM
something needs to be done in the defensive and goaltending department's we've surrendered the most goals so far...when's the last time we wer ein that category?

tiny
10-04-2005, 09:24 AM
You made two points that I really appreciate:
1) "I have a lot of faith in Sutter as a coach. I'm sure he knows where the weaknesses are and if the solution requires a trade or more patience."

Faith is difficult for those who can only see as far as the win/loss columns and I don't believe for a minute that Sutter will go the year without doing some dealing yet we have some very exciting young players that will only get better and better.

2)"I refuse to get into any kind of a negative "ragging" session about this team."

I thought those who witnessed the last two games (including the coaching staff), saw some positives that they were focussing on. I think the real Rebels fans will enjoy the development and maturing of the team rather than just watching for the mistakes they make.

I think our D is a very solid crew and our goaltending will sort itself out once we have our PK figured out. (shoot-out results sounded very good in the win)

At any rate, I will continue to "keep the faith" and yell the rebel yell, rebrevs.

See you there.

charlie
10-04-2005, 09:50 AM
nice to read folks. we all knew this was going to be a rebuilding year...it is just hard when we start to pay the price for it....we don't know HOW HARD the season will be...just that we will struggle for some/much of the season.

i have been watching/involved with this league since it started and i can't recall any team in all that time that was able to win consistently with a team of 16-17-18 year olds...there are only 6 19-20's and some of them are not the top end talent on the team. i'm still amazed at the string of good years we have had...kelowna also...very tough to do when you are turning over large parts of your team every year. i think brent sutter is one of the better coaches/managers in the league plus his stake in this is very high as he is also the owner...he wants to win more than anyone on this board. if the kids develop as hoped we will be much better next year and prolly very good in two years. remember, if it was easy to win all the time everyone would do it.

Courtney08-
10-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Big Trades to be made when they return.. none of this little business.. BIG TRADES

frontrow fan
10-04-2005, 11:46 AM
I agree with Rebrevs too... I am relatively new to the Rebels season ticket base, but of course do enjoy winning more than losing! That being said, I agree whole heartedly that Sutter will do what he thinks needs to be done, no matter how much we blab on here about the team. It's his team, and I'm sure he knows and sees way more than we ever do or ever will...
I can't wait for the guys to get home, one game at home so far is ruff!! that one game was just a tease!
I do hope that all the fans will take into consideration all the facts about this team..its bad enough that about 1/2 the fans leave as soon as the 50/50 is drawn, I hope they don't pull out even earlier now!! I hate seeing that!! drives me crazy! I have young kids... and I stick it out till the 3 stars are called! The guys will need more cheering fans than ever before!! We have to let them know we're behind them no matter what!! :bounce:
Still think we need to do some "fan participation" type things...white out, or black out in the stands kinda things!!! That's always fun!!