PDA

View Full Version : Everett Thoughts

mccabe23
01-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Well, not as bad of a game as I would have expected. Nice to see the Rockets pull out another victory. If Kelowna get's home ice throughout the playoffs, we may be headed to London. Kelowna is deadly on home ice.

Weber played great last night. Wasn't overly physical but chipped in offensively which is always nice.

Cumiskey had a rough night. Couple minor penalties and a few giveaways. Not a good night for Kyle.

What the hell did Palin do to get tossed in the 3rd? Didn't look like he was beaking off that bad.

Laughed when Sylvester came out of the box with 4 seconds left and started banging his stick on the ice looking for a fight. Good ol' Sly!

Haven't seen too many scraps lately so it was nice to see a couple. Although I wasn't expecting it from Hill and Blanar. Hill fight wasn't bad but the Blanar fight was nothing.

VERY nice goal by Justin Keller. IMO, Justin really needs to pick up his play. He doesn't look all that interested out there even though he is the goal leader.

Wasn't overly impressed by the Silvertips. They need to stop the icing BS and play hockey. I loved how everyone booed everytime they iced it. lol

Tipped Off
01-27-2005, 10:53 AM
So how were the fights anyway? Who won em? We know Kelowna smoked us in the game, did they kick our butts too? I have to wonder whats up with the Tips. I know they are nursing a lot of injuries, but so is everyone else this time of year. At onepoint they had 7 forwards scratched. I know in last night's game they scratched three forwards. One of the Tips lines (Harty's line) had 5 defensemen on the ice.

The fans in Everett are starting to notice what appears to be a lesser Mitch Love for the past two months. don;t know what it is. He left a game last week in the 2nd and it was explained away as back spasms. He was scratche dfrom the next game with no explanation & agains scratched last night with a "shoulder" injury. I think maybe it's time Constantine did something drastic with Mitch. He's either got to motivate him to step up or give the captains "C" to someone who can lead this team.

mccabe23
01-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Wuchterl vs. Blanar: After the puck dropped, both boys dropped the mitts and helmets and squared off. They came together, both threw a punch and went down. They both got right back up and the linesmen jumped in which was disappointing as both boys still wanted to go. not much of a scrap.

Sim vs. Hill: Nice little battle of two rookies. Quite a few punches thrown but no huge shots. They went toe-to-toe and it was a draw.

Sylvester came out of the penalty box with 4 seconds left and tapped his stick on the ice to get Randy King's attention. King ignored his fight request and the final buzzer went. It was too bad because King looks like a tough boy!

Tipped Off
01-27-2005, 04:14 PM
King came to us with the reputation of being a scrapper. He played for us in the pre-season, then we added him to the roster after baout 20 games or so. He had major PIM's with his other team. Since coming to Everett he's been in one, maybe two, fights and hasn;t played a very physical game.

I've been disappointed.

mccabe23
01-27-2005, 05:12 PM
During the warmup last night, Westblom had a black mask on. Anybody know why? I was thinking maybe his white mask was getting graphics put on it. It would be nice to see a Rockets goalie with a painted mask for a change. Yeomans is white, Westblom's is white, Guard's was white. Was Swanson's white as well? can't remember the last goalie in Kelowna with graphics on it...

kelownakarl
01-27-2005, 07:31 PM
For some reason I thought Guard wore a painted mask for a few games, I dont think it is right but for some reason I thoguht that.... However I cannot recall a goalie with a painted mask in Kelowna, it would be neat though!

J23
01-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Swanson had a painted mask. It was black with an ogopogo. If I remember correctly, the ogopogo was designed so the bottom jaw was on the bottom of the mask (so it looked like Swanson's face was in it's mouth)?