PDA

View Full Version : Everett Needs A Change

Tipped Off
01-27-2005, 10:57 AM
I have to wonder whats up with the Tips. I know they are nursing a lot of injuries, but so is everyone else this time of year. At one point they had 7 forwards scratched a week or so ago. I know in last night's game they scratched three forwards. One of the Tips lines (Harty's line) had 5 defensemen on the ice.

The fans in Everett are starting to notice what appears to be a lesser Mitch Love for the past two months. I don't know what it is. He left a game last week in the 2nd and it was explained away as back spasms. He was scratched from the next game with no explanation & again scratched last night with a "shoulder" injury (officially listed as out two weeks).

I think maybe it's time Constantine did something drastic with Mitch. He's either got to motivate him to step up or give the captains "C" to someone who can lead this team. Mitch has played MUCH poorer than he did last season. I've seen him make too many mistakes. Last year he covered up his slow skating with good defense & stck work. to me it seems he has regressed to the guy who got left unproteced by the Broncos.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

ihlemic10
01-27-2005, 12:44 PM
I just think out defense is tired. I have serious doubts about it holding a lead. About Mitch, he was hot for alittle bit but it stopped and now he is scratched. Finally it bugs me that Wall always goes down and then has the puck go over his shoulder.

Tipped Off
01-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, when the defense was playing great, Wall had good stats. Wall, based on pure talent, is not a very good goalie. I thnk Irving should be given a legitimate shot to see what he can do. By legitimate I mean let him go four or five games.

ihlemic10
01-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Thats my thought. Irving has proven in his scattered games he can be and is more consitant than Wall is. Wall has two modes, Shut-out and Blow-out. He is on blow-out way too much though.