PDA

View Full Version : Cougars back to 500

Sput
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Wow. Sounded like a great game by the Cats tonight. All hands on deck and got the team win. Cyr had a good game, Zimmer is a lock for an OA spot, as should Featherstone. Numbers have Dienes as the odd man out. Hopefully Thompson can get something for Kris, he is a great guy, and plays his roles well on the ice.

Can anyone at the game tell me how Rodgers looked tonight? He had a brutal travel schedule to make it to Kamloops on time. Left Tampa at 8AM eastern, and got to Kamloops at 4PM Pacific. Sounded like he was in good shape, and stepped right in.

From the look of things so far, its gonna be an interesting year here in Cougarville. :groovy:

scamperdog
10-04-2005, 11:09 PM
I would not say a great game, but you played well enough to win, I though niether team looked very good, not to take any thing away from the cougers but the blazers should have just sent them the 2points, looks like last years team is back,

GF71
10-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I can't wait for this weekends' games against the Giants. I am sure the "nicities" exchanged last week will be renewed. It will be a good test for both teams. I gotta give the edge to the G-men. Vandekamp IMO still needs to prove himself at the level. He needs to mature as a coach yet, IMO. I saw him many times with Vernon...he was very successful to be sure, but also was very prone to ummmmmm lets say emotional outbursts, and was not shy to use "old school" tatics...goonery, intent to injure, etc. This obviously will not fly in the dub. I hope he can rise above his past tactics in the BCHL..PG deserves better. They need to find success to survive. :)

Homer
10-06-2005, 09:36 AM
C'mon Scamperdog. Up until Tuesday, you and every other Kam fan out there had your spot picked out for a memorial cup parade on Columbia St.

Now, this team just played SO bad that a group of 9 year old ringette players could have beat them?? Could it be that the Cougars actually have a decent team this year? Could it be that when the almighty Dubnyk is a little off your team is in trouble? Could it be that Mr. Vandekamp is a much better coach than most people are giving him credit for?

The rivalry sucked last year right along with both our teams. Looks like it's going to be back in full force!

scamperdog
10-06-2005, 09:21 PM
C'mon Scamperdog. Up until Tuesday, you and every other Kam fan out there had your spot picked out for a memorial cup parade on Columbia St.

Now, this team just played SO bad that a group of 9 year old ringette players could have beat them?? Could it be that the Cougars actually have a decent team this year? Could it be that when the almighty Dubnyk is a little off your team is in trouble? Could it be that Mr. Vandekamp is a much better coach than most people are giving him credit for?

The rivalry sucked last year right along with both our teams. Looks like it's going to be back in full force!
first of all it will be Victoria street, on this night 9 year old ringette players could have beat them, there is no doubt that the cougers are a better team this year, Dubnyk I think he is suffering the NHL hangover I am sure you will see that in Rogers for a few games to, as for Vandekamp personelly I wish they would have hired him here a few years back when they had the chance
and as I said before the season started PG will make the playoffs, but on this night PG was the better team, but they still did not play that well but they at least came to play and PG was the team at the end of a road trip not Kamloops so the PG Couger 9 year old ringette team would have one no problem and I for one would have been cheering them on. As for the rivalry that has not been around for a few years maybe one day it will be back but first we need two teams you at least have one

Homer
10-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Well, we do have some excellent Ringette teams. As for the rivalry, I'm sure it will be back with two decent teams. Let the sniping begin! :clap: