PDA

View Full Version : ugly loss

scamperdog
10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
The Prince George Cougars scored 4 unanswered goals to rally from an early 1-0 deficit to beat the Blazers 4-1 on Tuesday night at Interior Savings Centre.

After Kevin Hayman scored his first goal of the season 3:14 in, the Cougars scored their first of four, with Myles Zimmer's first of two, on the night at 16:48 of period one to tie the game at one.

In the second, the Cougars went on four straight powerplays, scoring on one of them, and then added an even-strength tally to take a 3-1 lead after two. Zimmer rounded out the scoring with a third period powerplay goal.

Final shots were 26-25 Blazers...with the home team 0-for-3 on the PP and 6-for-8 on the PK.

Real Cyr picked up his first win of the year while Devan Dubnyk suffered the loss.

Jovorock
10-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Blazers were 0-3 on the PP, and the Cougs were 2-8, big difference in penalties. Were the Blazers really undisaplined? Was it a bad game for the Blazers or are the Cougs better than expected.

scamperdog
10-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Blazers were 0-3 on the PP, and the Cougs were 2-8, big difference in penalties. Were the Blazers really undisaplined? Was it a bad game for the Blazers or are the Cougs better than expected.
I don,t want to take anything away from the cougers as they were the better of the two teams, or the better of two bad teams Kamloops was not prepared for this game, they had one line playing, our top line as I see it decided to play as individuals, after all they lead the league in points, so they don,t need to play a team game anymore, goaltending was average at best, this is a group that if they play as a team will be hard to beat, but they have to play as a team, I have read elsewere that some are blaming the coach for not having them prepared, I do think this is part of the problem. I now it is early in the season but any problems with this team or it coaches have to looked after now, another interesting thing is the crowds have gotten smaller each game and after the lack of effort I don,t blame fans for not coming and it will take a lot to get them back.