PDA

View Full Version : PA vs Vancouver Oct. 4th

Beaner
10-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Well, Giants looked a little off tonight, PA did not play great but it came down to, PA scored on their chances, and Vancouver did not.

Shots were 33 to 16 for the Giants. Giants 2/10 on the PP, Raiders 0/6. PA had 3 shots in the 2nd, for 9 total but had the 2-1 lead.

Goals

1-0 PA - Giants lazily try to clear the own zone, Bjorge intercepts, pass to Hewson at the Face off dot and he one times it top shelf glove side.
1-1 - Giants on the PP, Albers takes a shot from the point, blocked, Franson, knocks it into the slot Repik grabs the puck and slides it in.
2-1 PA - PA has the extra attacker on the delayed penalty, Giants have a chance to clear it, but dont, goes from May to Chipchurra down to the front of the net, Byers who deflects it up and over Dustin Slade. Nifty little deflection on their first shot of the period.
3-1 PA - 4-4, Doucet chips the puck into the middle, Franson waves at it, Erikson grabs the lose puck and as Franson is sliding into the net Erikson puts it in. Not sure if Franson dragged it into the net with himself, but very sloppy Defensive play.
3-2 PA - Giants PP, all kinds of pressure, a PA player breaks his stick, Festerling to Rutherford in the slot, Top shelf. Rutherford is wearing the full cage, after taking a High stick in the 2nd, where he was cut.

FISTICUFFS
No Fisticuffs makes Beaner Sad.

OFFICIATING
Anothe Good Job by Smith again tonight. Could have called more again, but I thought he did a good job. Maybe the Double minor for High sticking on PA was a 5, but at the time I thought the Double was the right call.

OVERALL
Like I said earlier, PA scored on their chances, Vancouver Did not. Vancouver although generating lots of shots, looked off especially in the 2nd. Aerchibald played very well for PA, had some very nice saves and gave his team a chance to win. Repik had some very good chances tonight.

Rutherford, according to our friends at www.go-giants.com, actually lost some teeth on that high stick. Maybe it should have been 5, on Schaffer.

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT AWARD
Chipchurra ends up laying on top of Slade, and the crowd thinks that Chip is going to the box, but no. Watching the replay, Slade Reaches with his Catching glove over Chips head and drags Chip down on himself trying to draw a penalty. He drew a penalty, just on himself. :spineyes:

3 Stars.

1 - PA Archibald
2 - VAN Repik
3 - PA May

Personally I thought Rutherford could have deserved a Star, after taking that High stick, coming back and still playing hard, and getting goal #2.