PDA

View Full Version : How Many NHL Games will Brule play?

Beaner
10-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Hmm lots of speculation so lets have a poll. As most of you know Brule has signed a contract w/ the Blue Jackets, and he is supposed to start tonight for the Home opener.

Key Dates for those that dont know....

If Brule plays 10 or more games, then it counts as a year off his contract.
If Brule plays more than 40 games it counts as a year towards his free agency.

So do you think he is staying or coming back, and if he is coming back when?

langdak
10-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Hmm lots of speculation so lets have a poll. As most of you know Brule has signed a contract w/ the Blue Jackets, and he is supposed to start tonight for the Home opener.

Key Dates for those that dont know....

If Brule plays 10 or more games, then it counts as a year off his contract.
If Brule plays more than 40 games it counts as a year towards his free agency.

So do you think he is staying or coming back, and if he is coming back when?

I say either less then 10, or he will stay a full season

I cant see them keeping him for a partial year and cutting into his free agency, but who knows.........thats why i am not an NHL GM :)

rinkrat
10-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Clombus plays here against the Canucks November 4th.That would be game #15.If Brule sits out a few games we could watch him here! Or he could play for the Giants against Kamloops that night.Too bad his teammates won't get to see him play live,I'm sure he'd buy the tickets!

langdak
10-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Clombus plays here against the Canucks November 4th.That would be game #15.If Brule sits out a few games we could watch him here! Or he could play for the Giants against Kamloops that night.Too bad his teammates won't get to see him play live,I'm sure he'd buy the tickets!

its unfortunate that there is a giants game that night, i was all ready to buy tickets for the canucks and columbus that night, but realized i then would have had a conflict

oh well, i am sure we will get to see him play eventually because by the sounds of it, if he does stick with the jackets he wants to come back at xmas and play for team canada

only time will tell

Beaner
10-05-2005, 01:58 PM
oh well, i am sure we will get to see him play eventually because by the sounds of it, if he does stick with the jackets he wants to come back at xmas and play for team canada

If he is still with the Jackets come Xmas, the Jackets will decide if he gets to play for Canada. I imagine if he is still playing in Columbus, then the Jackets will not let him play, much like Sidney.

Beaner
10-06-2005, 11:34 AM
1 Assist, +1 for the night in the 3-2 loss, played about 13 mins, 40% in the face-off dot.

Nice start for Gilbert. I believe he was playing with Sanderson, but am not really sure.

Forgot to mention he changed jersey numbers from 33 to 17.

Beaner
10-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Game 2 vs. Calgary

Injured - Shoulder or collarbone, after taking a couple checks. Looks like the on that did him in was from Hamrlik. Saw the replay good clean hit from Hamrlik. Only played 7mins. nothing in the third.

Hopefully he is ok.

GF71
10-08-2005, 10:06 PM
CBJ put him on the IR list this afternoon. Officially: "strained" shoulder. I am hearing it is worse than that. But... who knows. He is out for a while. :confused:

Beaner
10-08-2005, 11:49 PM
CBJ put him on the IR list this afternoon. Officially: "strained" shoulder. I am hearing it is worse than that. But... who knows. He is out for a while. :confused:

Yikes - this means the earliest he will be back is the 15th, to the CBJ by the way.

I am wondering now how that efects his 10 game status towards his contract. I believe being on IR doesnt count towards it, but I am not 100% sure.