PDA

View Full Version : R new Rules Working?

Tipped Off
10-05-2005, 03:03 PM
This is an excerpt from a Silvertips press release yesterday...

WHL SCORING IS UP
After 40 WHL games last season, 206 goals were scored compared to 254 goals scored this season after 40 WHL games. Shutouts have been down considerably this season after 40 games. This season WHL goaltenders have posted 2 shutouts after 40 games compared to 15 shutouts last season.

chiefgongshow
10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
i think the new rules other than the shootout are doing just fine. some people complain about the amount of penalitys but from the games ive seen on webcast most refs are letting alot of the same old stuff happen unless its just flatout obvious. i saw quite a few games go for minutes without a break in the play and that was something that i havent seen in a while with all the icings that were taking place.

Tinner
10-05-2005, 03:53 PM
well................thats a tough question. Why? there are many factors, but looking at the stats provided, you would have to say "yes". Is it because the players are following the rules on obstruction, is it because they're not and there are more power play goals being scored. Is it because there is more room in the offensive zones, is it because the goaltending is weaker or maybe even the talent level of the whole league is weaker.

As stated, the stats provided indicate a power surge in goal scoring and it would be interesting to see all the stats, including pp's and other areas.

Jimmypop316
10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm loving the pace of the new game. Just flat out loving it. It goes from zone to zone so quickly, I can't ask for more really.