PDA

View Full Version : Americans Assign Olynyk To Penticton

Stay-Puft
10-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Kennewick, WA – The Tri-City Americans today have assigned 19-year-old goaltender Nick Olynyk to the Penticton Panthers of the BCHL.

Olynyk appeared in one game this season and had a 15.00 G.A.A. and a .571 save percentage. He was 0-1. In 2004-05, Olynyk appeared in nine games and had a 3.44 G.A.A.

The Americans open the home portion 2005-06 WHL season with a doubleheader weekend Friday, October 7th against the Prince Albert Raiders and Saturday, October 8th versus the Everett Silvertips. Game time each night is 7:05 pm in the Three Rivers Coliseum. Great seats are available as late as game time.

Tickets for these and all 36 Americans home games are available at the Coliseum box office and all Tickets West outlets including Red Lion Hotels. Order online at www.ticketswest.com or call 1.800.325.SEAT.

HAF
10-05-2005, 06:42 PM
I think its about time. He really hasnt shown much. Pickard is the much better fit.

Stay-Puft
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I think its about time. He really hasnt shown much. Pickard is the much better fit.
I agree. I think you have to get Pickard the experience because he may be the No.1 next year if Price gets the call up. Similar situation when Price came up with Weiman as No.1 and being a draft pick of Colorado. Who knows what next year will bring.

Hitmen1
10-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Sounds like Olynyk has been dealt from Penticton to the Canmore Eagles of the AJHL. I will confirm once I have a link or media source.

HAF
10-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Thanks Hitmen1, we dont get much news from the BCHL down here in the desert.

nivek_wahs
10-07-2005, 03:15 AM
http://www.canmoreeagles.com/index.php?news_id=23&start=0&category_id=1&parent_id=&arcyear=&arcmonth=

Eagles Trade House
Posted on October 06, 2005

The Canmore Eagles traded three year veteran Tanner House to the Penticton Vee's along with the CHA rights to Jesse Smyke for two forwards and a goalie.

In return the Eagles will acquire the services of Nick Olynyk, a 6'4" goaltender from Canora Sask. whom was recently released from the Tri Cities Americans of the WHL, Luke Boyer a 6'3" forward who calls Calgary home and Cody Rymut a 6' 0" forward from Bonnyville.

"Anytime you are involved in a player trade, hopefully it is for the betterment of both teams. In this case, given our slow start, combined with if it isn't bad enough not have veteran goaltender Ryan Rondeau, now 19yr old goaltender Zak Smith is now out indefinately and is scheduled for surgery on October 18. Penticton needed a big,strong powerful centerman which they get in Tanner House, we needed to add some experience and strength to our left side up front, we feel Rymut and Boyer are both good fits for our club in that regard. Goaltender Olynyk is also a veteran guy and will assume the starter position as soon as he arrives". Eagles Coach Bob Miller

All three players are expected to arrive in Canmore on Friday and locals may see one or more of them on the roster on Saturday for the game against the Grande Prairie Storm.

Stay-Puft
10-07-2005, 08:40 AM
It's nice to see Olynyk end up in a place where he will play and be the No.1. Good luck, Nick.