PDA

View Full Version : Powerplay

minirep
10-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Can anyone tell me why Postma isn`t on the powerplay? I think he is are most offensive D man and would do a little better than what we are putting back there now. Sure he might make a few mistakes but with time he will be the quarterback on the powerplay. It's nike like our powerplay is dynamite right now. :burningma

bronconeer
10-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Since you have been coaching how many Rookies get to man the Power Play. He isn't even dressed on a nightly basis, as his play does not deserve it yet. What are you watching?

minirep
10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey Broconeer I would like to know what you are watching? Every time I have watch Postma play you can see he's loaded with offensive ability. Sure he is young but do you think our power play is just clicking (probably do) so give the kid a chance. I don't think Loyd is the guy to run the power play. Did anyone think Ian White was to young. I don't think so!!!!!!! Get to now your hockey a little better before you run down other people.

bronconeer
10-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I agree the Power Play has not been effective. I think Dean needs to change it up and try other combinations. What about the 20yr old and Hengen. Deloges on the point is not working either. I still do not think Postma is experienced or good enough to handle the role.

ointhecreek
10-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Since you have been coaching how many Rookies get to man the Power Play. He isn't even dressed on a nightly basis, as his play does not deserve it yet. What are you watching?
I admit I've only seen him in preseason, but he looked like a vet out there and even better then a lot of the vets in my opinion. He moves the puck with ease and passes on the tape on most, smooth skater. What more do you want? I say give the kid a chance, he deserves it! Of course I'm not a coach and maybe missing something, But I think he is going to be one of the fan favorites.

Flathead
10-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Can anyone tell me why Postma isn`t on the powerplay? I think he is are most offensive D man and would do a little better than what we are putting back there now. Sure he might make a few mistakes but with time he will be the quarterback on the powerplay. It's nike like our powerplay is dynamite right now. :burningma
I agree with ya, but like you said "with time." Both Swift goals tonight were on the pp, it looked a lot better tonight. And to be perfectly honest, Postma looked 16 tonight. A very talented 16 year old, but not his best game.

ointhecreek
10-08-2005, 09:43 AM
I agree with ya, but like you said "with time." Both Swift goals tonight were on the pp, it looked a lot better tonight. And to be perfectly honest, Postma looked 16 tonight. A very talented 16 year old, but not his best game.
I could have swore he got good reveiws on the Eagle's post game show and from Hunchak in his interview. Hmm, maybe I heard wrong, I did start listening part way through it.

bronco rep
10-08-2005, 12:49 PM
You did swear right ointhecreek. He did say postma had a good game lastnight . He had Price , Lukacevic & Hengen on the point on the pp. I do agree with you minirep that postma is only 16 but he has so much upside to his game & i would try him on the pp. Just my thoughts as i am not getting paid to run this team .Lets blast the rockets into space mon afternoon . GO BRONCOS GO.

cotinthecurrent
10-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Friday night's game in Lethbridge is the closest we've come to having a power play that clicks in over a year! Price & Lukacevic on the point and Schenderling, Desloges & Hunter up front. Intense sustained pressure without repeatedly chasing it back into our end. And actually scoring! Now that's a power play! As for Postma on the power play, let's get serious. He's 16, weighs 160, has very limited experience in the dub and hasn't even started to see the heavy going. Down the line, sure, but he needs to earn some credibility in all the other aspects of his dub game first. In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing more of that new-and-much-improved power play!