PDA

View Full Version : Cougars Acquire King from Tips

Tipped Off
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Everett Silvertips Press Release
King Traded to Prince George

Silvertips Acquire 5th Round Pick from Cougars

Everett, WA – October 7th, 2005: The Everett Silvertips have traded Defenseman Randy King to the Prince George Cougars for a 2006 5th Round WHL Bantam Draft Pick.

Last season, King added 2 goals in 31 games for the Silvertips. The Salt Lake City, Utah native also posted a +4 rating last season and a +3 rating in the 2005 WHL Playoffs. The New Jersey Devils of the NHL also invited King as a free agent to their training camp in September and played in one pre-season game.

With the trade, the Silvertips currently have 24 players on the roster (2 goalies, 8 defensemen, 14 forwards).

The Silvertips will be back in action tomorrow night against the Tri-City Americans in Kennewick at 7:05 p.m. Everett will be back home on Wednesday, October 12 against the Spokane Chiefs at the Everett Events Center. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. For individual seating for all Silvertips home games, log onto www.everettsilvertips.com and for season, 22 and 14 game packages, flex packs and group tickets contact the Silvertips office at (425) 252-5100.

For Immediate Release

BIG_CLAW
10-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Whats up with this move the cougars now have 9 defencemen . I guess more trades are in the works.

Sput
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Oy, I'm so confused now. 9 defence, 4 20yo's and a really good looking string of rookies. How is Vandy supposed to get everyone ice time and make it fair, and competitive on the ice? Makes me wonder what tomorrow is going to bring. :spineyes: