PDA

View Full Version : PA vs TCA

Stay-Puft
10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Great game. Americans jump out to a 3-0 lead, only to have PA come back with 3 in the 3rd. Had a close-up of the tying goal and Price had no chance on the deflection. Right up over the shoulder and hits the top of the twine. PA had no quit in their players, where as TC seemed to be a little complascent. Goals by Jracek and Beeman in the shootout capped off a great opening night. Great to see the energy in the stands during the shootout. Hopefully this will bring the fans in the arena back for more.

Any other thoughts?

HAF
10-09-2005, 12:53 AM
I thought the boys got way too complacent way too early. I'm not a huge fan of the shoot out concept but I'm sure glad we had it last night :thumb:

Brad
10-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I thought they played very well through two periods. Its good to see some speed back on the team. I thought our best players were our veterans (McDonald, Schneider and Beeman up front and Stephenson on the blueline). Last year our overagers were too often not our best players. Hopefully its a sign that the leadership is going to lead by example this year.

It wasn't surprising that the young team lost some focus after McDonald puts it into his own net. As good as PA responded in the third, they also got a big boost from the stripes on some questionable calls and more importantly non calls in the third. I couldn't believe PA didn't get called they didn't get called for clobbering Gracik with a cross check taking away an obvious scoring chance.