PDA

View Full Version : Shut out

scamperdog
10-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Kyle Chipchura scored twice and Alex Archibald made 20 saves for the shutout as the Prince Albert Raiders defeated the Blazers 3-0 on Thanksgiving Monday afternoon on Interior Savings Centre.

After a scoreless first 35 minutes, the Raiders finally broke the ice with their first of three breakaway goals as Mike Hellyer tucked a puck under Michael Maniago with 4:31 left in the second for a 1-0 PA lead.

After a Blazer near-miss, Kyle Chipchura capitalized on a breakaway with 22 seconds left in the middle frame for a 2-0 Raider lead after two.

Ealry in the third, Chipchura scored his second of the game, on another breakaway, this time 3-on-3, to round out the scoring.

Final shots were 20-17 Blazers...with the Blazers 0-for-5 on the PP and 7-for-7 on the PK. Michael Maniago suffered the loss while Archibald picked up the win.

(blazerhockey.com)

Great road game by PA all three goals scored were identical, well deserved win, as for kamloops you win as a team and loose as a team, I just wish they would show which team they want to be or get a COACH that will find that out.

MJCO5
10-10-2005, 10:08 PM
After seasons of very sub par hockey in Kamloops and the inability to get a decent crowd draw to each game the crowd getting smaller and smaller. At the start of the season there were lots of things about this hockey team that you could be enthusiastic about but after the first 8 games of the Kamloops blazers season fans want something done we have players here who obviously don;t want to be here EX:Keaten Ellerby takes dumb penalites every game as well as Ray Macias is off to a terrible start coughing up the puck on a regular basis and making blind passes and not skating to even close to his potential (possibly fastest guy in league) there work ethic gets worse every night and personally im tired of seeing a crap team on the ice every night maybe the KAMLOOPS BLAZERS ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO HIRE A COACH BASED ON QUALICATIONS APOSED TO GUYS THAT ARE EASY TO BRING IN SUCH AS (DEAN EVASON, TROY MICK, DEAN CLARKcurrent GM) THE BLAZERS NEED TO FIRE AND MARK FERNER AND HIRE AND REAL COACH AND GET A TEAM THAT KNOW WHAT WORK ETHIC REALLY IS

KBF
10-10-2005, 11:56 PM
We can't keep doing a coaching rotation. There has to be some sort of stability in this team. Ferner is doing fine, for whatever reason sometimes these kids can't get pumped up enough to do what they supposedly love doing. I mean don't they see the reaction from the fans and the appreciation from them when they work their butts off?

How hard is it to work hard every day? I guess some guys don't take much pride in what they do.

Personally, I think the dead weight that needs to be dropped are Guttierez, Chapman, Olson (Are you kidding me?).

I'd love for them to drop Chapman and pick up Deines, and hopefully Mulock is gonna come as I think thats what they are waiting for.

And also its time to throw Macias back up front, he doesn't cut it as a defenceman and his skills are being totally wasted back there. Give more ice time to Stretch, Dunstall, Irwin and call up Dowd and Favero.

As for Dubnyk, he is an underachiever in my books. He's had some awesome games, but some he has just looked awful in the 4 years he's been here. And personally, yeah Maniago might of played well today, but in my opinion he's not the answer for backup and never will be a good starter in this league.

Call up Kramer, as he was far more impressive than Maniago in my opinion.

As for lines, this is what I'd like to see.

Dunstall-Jorgensen-Versteeg

Stretch-Mulock-Macias

Irwin-Connors-Kassian-Deines

Nixon-Hayman-Steinmann

Delorande
Skrudland

Tesliuk-Bartley
Ellerby-Bender
Thiessen-Favero

Dubnyk
Maniago

Guys like Stretch and Dunstall have to play with other talented players. I think they would benefit greatly playing with the likes of Jorgensen and Versteeg.

There is potential for alot of scoring ability and it looked that way for a few games then has suddenly dropped.

Ferner has also been very stubborn about changing up his lines, they aren't working right now and anything is worth a shot.

This team has a hell of a lot more potential than last years, but the time has come where it needs to be shown.

kevanie97
10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
I actually agree with most of your post KBF and I still say the biggest mistake the Blazers ever did was let Habschied go , he turned the Rockets around completely. Would like to hear why you think Mulock might be coming? Have you heard something, just curious?

KBF
10-11-2005, 04:20 PM
It was in the KTW, Mulock said he was just seeing what was going to happen and Surrey isn't off to the best start. Plus Thorpe coached him last year in Surrey and thats why the Blazers haven't made any moves to solidify their last overage spot.

This team has loads of potential to be able to turn the lights out on anyone, they just need to keep their heads level and work their butts off and they will suprise alot of teams.

And as far as letting Habscheid go, thats what happens when a overweight crooked slob is in charge.

Kamfan
10-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Dude, that's a really obnoxious sig.

KBF
10-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah I know, but I only did it to cheese Jared off. :clap:

Jovorock
10-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Don't worry KBF, the Rockets did the same for the first 6 or 7 years. As for Jared you guys should have a beer and bury the hatchet, I'll buy.

Kamfan
10-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Fair enough.