PDA

View Full Version : Quotes?

J23
01-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Call me dumb, but when you're replying to a post, how do you insert a quote made by someone else regarding the post? :confused:

ihlemic10
01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
At the very end of the person's message there is a button that says Quote. Click it and it shall make a new message that quotes the one you wanted quoted.

Golks
01-27-2005, 10:02 PM
At the very end of the person's message there is a button that says Quote. Click it and it shall make a new message that quotes the one you wanted quoted.

Yup..... Click this http://www.whlfans.ca/images/buttons/quote.gif in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote. :)

J23
01-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Ahhh, it's all sooo clear to me now haha! Thanks soooo much for you help!

grumphy
01-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Ahhh, it's all sooo clear to me now haha! Thanks soooo much for you help!

There's the difference in this board, the guy asks a question, he gets the answer, he dosn't get ripped in the next 25 posts for asking the question.

IceMan
01-28-2005, 10:30 AM
I believe that the quote button quotes the entire original message, like this:

Call me dumb, but when you're replying to a post, how do you insert a quote made by someone else regarding the post? :confused:

If you wanted to just quote a sentence or two, you can enclose text within [ QUOTE ] and [/ QUOTE ] tags (without the spaces) .... so that you can answer specific parts of a post separately like this:

Call me dumb
You're not dumb

how do you insert a quote made by someone else regarding the post?
Read the note above

grumphy
01-28-2005, 11:34 AM
I believe that the quote button quotes the entire original message, like this:

I just delete the parts of the "quote" that I don't want to use-----seems to work pretty good

Jew Panda
01-31-2005, 01:50 AM
Here I thought we'd post our favourite quotes. What a let-down.

That being said, just for my personal enjoyment:

Charles Barkley was once noted saying: "I don't care what people say, people are stupid."

Ahh, brilliance.

IceMan
01-31-2005, 10:10 AM
LOL .... along those same lines .... "10% of the people posess 90% of the intelligence" (my dad, giving me advice as I graduated college and got ready to face the real world)