10-11-2005, 10:42 AM
WHL player bio: Ryan Gibbons
Ryan Gibbons

From the Seattle Times

Height: 6 feet 5

Weight: 222

Position: Right wing

Hometown: West Vancouver, B.C.

Key stat: Has played 265 games, with 42 goals and 73 assists for Seattle.

Key facts: Sixth-round pick by Phoenix in the 2003 NHL entry draft. He is an unsigned free agent who spent several weeks at training camp with the Vancouver Canucks.

First shot: What was your most memorable moment in a Vancouver uniform?

Answer: "We played a blue vs. silver intrasquad game at GM Place, and there were almost 16,000 people there. I'm used to sitting in there watching the Canucks, so that was quite a thrill."

Second shot: Is the new rule limiting obstruction ideal for a big, physical forward like you?

Answer: "It should work to my advantage, but here in the WHL they don't call the rules to the same standards that they did in camp. It's definitely going to help me. I learned from watching big guys like (Todd) Bertuzzi and (John) LeClair, guys who are going to be effective because they can't move them out from in front of the net."

Third shot: Are you ready for your first shootout?

Answer: "Oh, yeah. I've got some moves I've been practicing, but I don't know when I'll get to use them in a game because we have a lot of guys with skill on our roster. The goalies may have the advantage now, but once the guys get used to it there will be more goals scored."