PDA

View Full Version : Marchment to Calgary

westbeach55
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
The defenceman had been in the Toronto Maple Leafs camp prior to the season.

Sportsnet.ca -- Sportsnet has learned that veteran defenceman Bryan Marchment has agreed to a contract with the Calgary Flames and is expected to join the team, possibly as early as Wednesday.

"I wasn't ready for retirement yet, and I believe I still have a lot to offer," Marchment told Sportsnet. "I'm really looking forward to joining a team with as much talent as Calgary has."

Marchment, 36, was in the Toronto Maple Leafs camp on a tryout prior to the season, but the defenceman was not offered a contract by the team.

In 889 NHL games, the blueliner has 39 goals, 140 assists and 2232 penalty minutes, playing for eight different teams, including one year with Toronto during the last NHL season. In addition, he has 83 games worth of playoff experience.

Triton
10-11-2005, 12:50 PM
That sucks for Dion.Marchment in the fold and then soon Regehr will be back leaving Dion out of the picture.What is Sutter doing?

westbeach55
10-11-2005, 01:02 PM
If you watched the game yesterday and on sunday sutter needs to do something. dion got his first goal but also made a couple of really bad giveaways i think he needs some time to play third fourth pairing on d not first.

Wildeyes
10-11-2005, 04:09 PM
send Dion to the A for a couple of game so he can addapt to the speed of the BIgs

Hitmen1
10-11-2005, 10:08 PM
ummm, Dion is not going anywhere. He maybe their best defenceman thus far. Montador or Ference could see less time in games, and Leopold may even get benched for a game.