PDA

View Full Version : Card WHl Player of Week

Tipped Off
10-11-2005, 03:02 PM
http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=3253

CARD NAMED WHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Created: Oct 11, 2005
Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is defenseman Mike Card of the Kelowna Rockets. Card earned player of the week honours by recording four goals and seven points in three games, including three power-play goals and one game-winning goal during the week of October 3rd to October 9th and helped lead the Rockets to three straight wins in that span.

On Wednesday, October 5th, Card tallied an assist in Kelowna's 3-0 victory over the Prince Albert Raiders. On Friday, October 7th, Card netted two goals and an assist to lead the Rockets to a 6-4 victory over the Pats in Regina.

On Saturday, October 8th, Card tallied twice - including the overtime winner - and added an assist in a 4-3 victory over the Wheat Kings in Brandon.

Card, a 19-year-old native of Penticton, B.C., was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Honourable mention goes to Justin Pogge of the Calgary Hitmen and Alex Archibald of the Prince Albert Raiders.

GREYHOUND COURIER EXPRESS is the OFFICIAL COURIER of the WHL.
Sept. 23 – Oct. 2: Dustin Boyd, Moose Jaw Warriors
Oct. 3 – Oct. 9: Mike Card, Kelowna Rockets

Jovorock
10-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Good for Mike, he is under pressure to lead the Rockets and is doing it. Defensivly and offensivly Mike is getting the job done. Without Cumisky someone has to step up and thake the reins.

russiandream13
10-29-2005, 03:56 PM
i was living in sweden for a while and i totally lost what was going on with the kelowna rockets....so i was just wondering what kyle cumisky is doing now as well with tyler mosienko/spurgeon....thanks

Jovorock
10-30-2005, 08:07 AM
iso i was just wondering what kyle cumisky is doing now as well with tyler mosienko/spurgeon....thanks
Cumisky played his first game of the year last Wednesday night due to a lower back injury, hopefully thats the last of that. Moisy is playing in the ECHL for someone and got his first professional goal last week. Spurgeon had both shoulders operated on this summer and hopefully will get back on the ice in December.