PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited...

Hitmen1
01-27-2005, 09:59 PM
I am making the 3 hour journey to Calgary tomorrow afternoon to watch our Hitmen crush the Cougars! I am pumped up because I haven't seen the boys since the opening weekend of the season.

tazndevil
01-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Feel free to visit me at my chair during one of the periods.

I'm in Secton 210 Row 9.

If in doubt-- just follow the noise.

Taz

tazndevil
01-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Typo.

Secton 220

Row 9

Above wheelchair seating.

Taz

Mileflames
01-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Tell me how the game went, I can't make the game tonight.

Have fun :D

RunTheGoalie
01-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Decent game tonight for the Hitmen. Sloppy at times, but did enough of the little things right to pull out the win.

Pogge was amazing, as usual, though I thought he went down way too early on the first goal, and got burned.

Dupont and Merkley were providing the energy for the entire team.

Ladd was useless as ever, and cost us the second goal with another stupid penalty. How glad are you you drafted this floater 4th overall now, Carolina? What a waste of a draft pick...

How Kohn got third star is beyond me. He was not impressive at all, imo.

Throughout much of the second period, I couldnt tell if we were playing a hockey team or a travelling circus. What a goon show from the Cougars. Cheap shots and attacks after the whistle on about five straight plays.

The "highlight" for Prince George was Petr Jelinek tossing a linseman to the ice to try and get at a Hitmen player. I absolutely cannot believe he was only given a 10-minute misconduct for that, rather than a gross misconduct, but I do expect the league will be having a look at that idiot's actions.

10,494 in attendance, boosting the Hitmen's North American attendance lead.

Mileflames
01-29-2005, 03:06 AM
Calgary Hitmen (Home) 3
Prince George Cougars (Visiting) 2

Calgary Scoring
1, Landolt, (11) (Ladd, Kohn), 11:40 (PP)
2, Dupont, (9) (Ladd, Kohn), 06:52 (PP)
3, Merkley, (13) (Dansereau, Pushkarev), 04:15

Prince George Scoring
3, Drazenovic, (14) (Parker, Byfuglien), 01:01 (PP)
3, Patterson, (15) (Drazenovic, Byfuglien), 07:36

Attendance: 10494

Ergo
01-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Decent game tonight for the Hitmen. Sloppy at times, but did enough of the little things right to pull out the win.

Pogge was amazing, as usual, though I thought he went down way too early on the first goal, and got burned.

Dupont and Merkley were providing the energy for the entire team.

Ladd was useless as ever, and cost us the second goal with another stupid penalty. How glad are you you drafted this floater 4th overall now, Carolina? What a waste of a draft pick...

How Kohn got third star is beyond me. He was not impressive at all, imo.

Throughout much of the second period, I couldnt tell if we were playing a hockey team or a travelling circus. What a goon show from the Cougars. Cheap shots and attacks after the whistle on about five straight plays.

The "highlight" for Prince George was Petr Jelinek tossing a linseman to the ice to try and get at a Hitmen player. I absolutely cannot believe he was only given a 10-minute misconduct for that, rather than a gross misconduct, but I do expect the league will be having a look at that idiot's actions.

10,494 in attendance, boosting the Hitmen's North American attendance lead.

Just have to say that I agree with most of your post especially the parts about Ladd and the Prince George GOON show.

I just think the Hitmen were lucky to win it. They have what is it, ten drafted players and were originally ranked number one in the Dub and number three in the country and this is what we get.

We are playing down to the level of the Prince George type teams but we can't seem to play up to the level of a Medicine Hat or Lethbridge.

When all is said and done it is truly pathetic.

Unless something changes real quick we are destined to finish no better than third and then come the playoffs it'll be another first round exit. This is getting real tiresome.

The_Vulk
01-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Hope you were able to catch the game, Hitmen1.

Prince George came out and at the Hitmen. You could see that they were trying to play physical with the Hitmen.

All that did was wake them up. Having traded for Pooge was great. He looks so composed in the Net, and making timely saves. Just imagine what would have happened, if we had him at the start of the season. He would have stole a few wins for us.

Hitmen1
01-31-2005, 12:03 AM
I was unable to make it down for the game because of unforseeable school assignment that ended up being due late Friday night. I watched the game on shaw however and pogge really impressed me. I think its great to see the young kids carrying this team offensively the past few games but Ladd and other vets need to pick up their games and start contributing. The trade for the Cougars really hasn't paid off...they were 2 points ahead of Kamloops at the time of the trade and I believe they are still just 2 points ahead or even tied now. Bowles hurt a finger in practice...too bad I was hoping to see him play in the dome as a cougar.