PDA

View Full Version : Something New

Tinner
10-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Here's something I would like Rebel fans to post after each game.

Lets call it the "Reb Tape" After each home game that you have seen, when you post on this sight, rate the game from 1 to 10, 1 being bad and 10 being excellent, on what you thought the game was like to watch as a fan, the effort put forth by the players and the style of play, win or lose.

Once you post your rating, give your opinion or reasons for your rating. I think this would help all of us in determining what each poster expects the Rebels preformance to be and understand where your coming from.

Just a starter for you........Brandon @ Red Deer, 9-4 win......I give it a 3 as I thought I was watching 2 struggling teams play bad hockey.

D.A.
10-12-2005, 12:22 PM
I had a bit different perspective on last night's game, so I'll give it a 9. Why? While I agree that we weren't treated to the best calibre hockey, I still enjoyed it immensely. First off, any time the home team scores nine goals, it's going to be a fun time. Second, a lot of those goals were really, really pretty. And third, I got to watch this one from a box suite, which just makes everything look better. :)

Tinner
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey, i like to hear what others think, makes you look at the game from different perspectives.

thanks

frontrow fan
10-12-2005, 01:04 PM
My thoughts... I've give about an 8... I enjoyed seeing the guys rack up the 9 goals, and there were a couple that were "really" nice goals.. I thought there were a couple of Brandon goals that were pretty soft, and Leslie wasn't maybe sharp enough,... they still aren't taking advantage of the rule changes.The defense still looks bad. And lastly...the only time the fans make any noise is after a goal or during a fight!!! Yup ... I'd say an *8* (p.s. I'd give the fans a 2! )

Tinner
10-12-2005, 01:13 PM
the fan meter was at best a 2. without giving away my age, i can remember when teams hated to come to RD to play the Rustlers because of the fans in the old arena.....it was something to watch and hear.

Rebel66
10-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Yikes, a 3 you're sure hard to please 39! Sure there was some sloppy hockey out there but any time your team scores 9 goals has to make most fans fairly happy. It's not often we see the Rebs rack up 9 goals either. How many do they have to score for you to give a 5 rating? :)

I'll give it an 7.5(!), simply because I was entertained, there were some real nice goals scored, and the team won handily. Defensively they were not that great so I've docked a few points off my score to reflect that.

edit: I'm not saying that the rating should be purely based on goals scored but it's hard not to be slightly positive when your team scores 9 goals isn't it? (Even given the fact that Brandon was a horrible hockey team last night?)

Tinner
10-12-2005, 03:14 PM
exactly, if they score 9 against just about any team other than Brandon, my rating would have been higher. The score after 2 was 4-3 and it was a terrible game to watch. There was no flow or from my vantage point, so many glaring miscues, by both teams, even those sitting around my seats made comment about the brand of hockey being played.

If the play in the 3rd is any indication of what is coming in future games, I'll give them credit when its due. Lets wait and see or hear what happens Friday night against MH, which by their record, should be a tougher test for us.

Sgt. Zeek
10-12-2005, 06:20 PM
I would give it an 8.

There was some sloppy play, but there was some very entertaining plays too. Another part of the game I really enjoyed was watching the excitement on the faces of my two young daughters, who love the Rebels. They love to cheer & high five everyone after a Rebel goal. For me that is as much fun as watching the game, sloppy or not.

tiny
10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
I like the idea of rating the game...thanks for asking

I would like to rate the game an 8.

Reasoning:
a) I love to win
b) nine goals
c) the team showed guts 1. after a weak first goal by Brandon
2. FINISHED Brandon off after Brandon came back
c) the reffing was pretty good for the third home game in a row
d) the team was playing without Rome, Vandermeer, Hanson...
e) the Rebels looked excited (Walker, Cline, Wick, Pieper, Klotz, Gillies, ...)

I left 2 on the scale because of the sloppiness.

As an aside, quotes from a few posters disturbed me a little:
Rebel39
“ the Rebels have yet to adapt to the new rules, …” not for one minute has the system the Rebs use, changed”

Catfan
“Is he so much against them, that he is refusing to change his style or let the players adapt to the more offensive game?”

Frontfowfan
"play the system" “but has that "system" taken into account the rules changes? Makes yah wonder, doesn't it"

I would like to know specifically how you think the Rebels should change their system.

I, personally feel it is a matter of execution rather than not adapting. Our PK wasn't/isn't very good (but improving) and a few weak goals have hurt badly.

Good luck Friday Rebels. Skin those cats.