PDA

View Full Version : Tidball

Blades9ine
10-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Another loss for the Blades. to bad tidball isnt doing what he's supposed to be doing, i thought he was out there to fight, not talk. even in the newspaper the other day he said he was gonna fight some regina pats guy and that didnt turn out at all. he needs to start thorwin some punches at home here, not on the road.

mat01800
10-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Another loss for the Blades. to bad tidball isnt doing what he's supposed to be doing, i thought he was out there to fight, not talk. even in the newspaper the other day he said he was gonna fight some regina pats guy and that didnt turn out at all. he needs to start thorwin some punches at home here, not on the road.

Well the guy he was gonna fight from the Pats did not play and when the blades are losing I am gonna say not to many of the other teams players are not gonna want anything to do with him especially if there up by a couple of goals. Like Tidball said when the Wheat King player wanted a second go with him but what would be the point where winning. The same thing is happening here.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes he was brought in to fight and stir things up, but if he is going to fight someone then yes that is ok, when he fights I think he should fight an opposing team player that the team needs on the ice to contribute(and yes he does this sometimes) for thier team,so Tidball sits in the box for 5 and what ever time is added. That way "the playing field is even" so to speak,so the opposing team will hopefully have a disadvantage having to be without that player. somtimes he tries to get someone to fight him and he gets a penalty in the process,but the other player does not recieve a penalty, and yes he relizes that the penalty hurts the team,that is the price that an enforcer pays for doing their job and he should try and cut down on the unneccisary 10 minute misconducts and such penalties. If the time is right for him to drop the gloves then yes he should drop the gloves and do his thing. That is what I and probably many other Blades fans think. Just my opinion though.

Tipped Off
10-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Coming into the game I ranked Tidball as in the top 3 fighters/enforcers in the game. He lost my respect tonight.

First Geric started punching on Calla in a scrum in the corner. Calla is a smallish forward who is NOT a fighter. Then Tidball comes in over the top and goes two on one with Calla knocking off his helmet. Once they break free of the pack, instead of taking off his helmet and squaring off...he goes at Calla, who was obviously backing away, with his (Tidball's) helmet on.

I expected to see Tidball win easily over Calla. Instead, while I would still give Tidball the de win, he didn't impress in this bout. Calla probably landed a few fewer shots with less power, but nothing overly lopsided & neither went to the Ice.

Granted Everett doesn't have a real enforcer for Tidball to bout with, but to be the 2nd man in and blindside a small forwad, then give motions as he leaves the ice like Calla is chicken, is just ludicrous. I lost respect for Tidball tonight. And I typically respect the job enforcers do for a team.

Tidball
10-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Coming into the game I ranked Tidball as in the top 3 fighters/enforcers in the game. He lost my respect tonight.

First Geric started punching on Calla in a scrum in the corner. Calla is a smallish forward who is NOT a fighter. Then Tidball comes in over the top and goes two on one with Calla knocking off his helmet. Once they break free of the pack, instead of taking off his helmet and squaring off...he goes at Calla, who was obviously backing away, with his (Tidball's) helmet on.

I expected to see Tidball win easily over Calla. Instead, while I would still give Tidball the de win, he didn't impress in this bout. Calla probably landed a few fewer shots with less power, but nothing overly lopsided & neither went to the Ice.

Granted Everett doesn't have a real enforcer for Tidball to bout with, but to be the 2nd man in and blindside a small forwad, then give motions as he leaves the ice like Calla is chicken, is just ludicrous. I lost respect for Tidball tonight. And I typically respect the job enforcers do for a team.

Bascially Tipped Off is a Silvertips fan. And he was very mad that Tidball beat up Calla

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-29-2005, 10:07 AM
During the U.S/Western Roadtrip he fought in all 7 games, now if he could only show the fans what he can do on home ice at the CUC, he does alot of hitting and talking, one thing I have noticed yesterday and the last couple of times when Regina was in town he was trying to go after Craig Schira(I am friends with him and his family) Craig is only 17 and Tidball is 20,who would not be scared of a player like Tidball, I guess we all will have to wait until November 5th when the Blades face the M.H Tigers.

ointhecreek
11-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Bascially Tipped Off is a Silvertips fan. And he was very mad that Tidball beat up Calla
And you are obviously a big fan of Tidball and probably wouldn't believe anything an opposing fan said.

witness
11-03-2005, 03:53 PM
During the U.S/Western Roadtrip he fought in all 7 games, now if he could only show the fans what he can do on home ice at the CUC, he does alot of hitting and talking, one thing I have noticed yesterday and the last couple of times when Regina was in town he was trying to go after Craig Schira(I am friends with him and his family) Craig is only 17 and Tidball is 20,who would not be scared of a player like Tidball, I guess we all will have to wait until November 5th when the Blades face the M.H Tigers.

Interesting to note that in the game in Regina, Tidball was challenging Levi Lind another 17 year old.

Triton
11-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I don't think Tidball cares who he drops the gloves with.It doesn't matter what age you are,if you can beak it off,you better be man enough to drop the mitts.So maybe 16,17,18 year olds,shut your traps,cause your beaking to the tough guy in the league.And if they think that for one minute that Brandon will take it easy on you just cause your younger..think again..cause he don't care.Kinda like if you can talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk.

Triton
11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Can't wait for Byers to get his on Friday night..Tidball's gonna waste him.

Scout
11-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't usually get into debates but this Tidball thing is getting out of hand. I have yet to see him waste any of the heavy's. I saw the Kaissen fight and i gave it to Kaissen. I saw the Rumsey fight on tape and i give Tid's the fight but he took some wicked punches. Not once did he dominate. It appears to me Tidball dominates the guys who are not heavey's. Rumsey is a middle weight. If you watch the archive from last night, it was Benke who flew in and evened up the fight. He started hammering a Blade and where was Tidball. Why did he not go after the 6'6" 230lb. scrapper? I'm not causing a scrap here but am curious who he has really dominated that is a true heavy. If he had went to his teammates aid last night and dropped Benke without any trouble then i may have second thoughts on him being the overall heavey. There are even Blade fans asking why he never fights at home.

Scout

HAF
11-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Riley Emmerson didnt think he was too much of a heavyweight either.... Kinda like a Mitch Love on stilts...lol

Triton
11-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Dominating and attempting to fight are two different things.There isn't an enforcer on the planet who dominates every fight he's in.Tidball has faught Luke Hewitt(heavyweight),Emmerson-twice(heavyweight),McEwan(not sure),Collins(heavyweight),Calla(lightweight),Stoe sz(heavyweight),Kassian(heavyweight),Zimmer(not sure),and whoever he faught from S.C.From what I see he's fighting some tough customers other than Calla.Too bad he doesn't fight at home from what I hear.I have yet to see Tidball play (he's here tomorrow),but I know I'am looking forward to it.

rinkrat
11-03-2005, 07:29 PM
No trip to Vancouver this year either.Darn(no heavies here anyway) :burningma

Scout
11-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Mitch Love fought all the heavyweights when he was in Swift and had over 40 majors and over 300 pim. He won some and lost some but never dominated anyone. This Tidball thing is like he walks on water yet he is only doing the same thing Mitch Love did. Was Mitch anointed the almighty. No so why is Tidball? It's not like he is rolling over these guys with no effort. Some of the clips i have seen of him he takes the same as he dishes out. The only guy i would call a dominator is Kaissen. Please let Tidball prove himself first.

Scout

WHEATMAN
11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
when he was with the wheaties he was one tough customer. when him and grant mcneil of the raiders squared off it was always a beauty, looking forward for tidball going to the LNAH, ponts might have to teach him a lesson

Triton
11-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Mitch Love fought all the heavyweights when he was in Swift and had over 40 majors and over 300 pim. He won some and lost some but never dominated anyone. This Tidball thing is like he walks on water yet he is only doing the same thing Mitch Love did. Was Mitch anointed the almighty. No so why is Tidball? It's not like he is rolling over these guys with no effort. Some of the clips i have seen of him he takes the same as he dishes out. The only guy i would call a dominator is Kaissen. Please let Tidball prove himself first.

Scout

I wasn't saying Tidball walks on water nor do I think that.He fights..thats all I care,and thats all I want to see.I do have respect for what his role is in this league.Personally he's brutal other than what he does best,and we all know what that is.Scout,I wasn't arguing with you,I agree with you.

Billy Blade
11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
I just want to see a fight with him... pretty sad when a Blades season ticket holder still hasn't seen this "enforcer" throw down with someone this far into the season.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
I just want to see a fight with him... pretty sad when a Blades season ticket holder still hasn't seen this "enforcer" throw down with someone this far into the season.

Ya I would also like to see him fight at home, just recently bought a 18 game flex pack and looking forward to going to alot more games this season and there is still alot of hockey left and I am sure he will have his fair share of fights at the CUC. I hope that he will kick things off at home with a scrap verses Medicine Hat on saturday.

ointhecreek
11-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Ya I would also like to see him fight at home, just recently bought a 18 game flex pack and looking forward to going to alot more games this season and there is still alot of hockey left and I am sure he will have his fair share of fights at the CUC. I hope that he will kick things off at home with a scrap verses Medicine Hat on saturday.
I personaly would love to see him kick Barkers ass! :laugh:

Tidball
11-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Interesting to note that in the game in Regina, Tidball was challenging Levi Lind another 17 year old.

Sorry but i HAVE to comment on this. Thats not the full story man. Lind was slashing all game. Tidball was telling him to stop or fight. Like an Enforcer should do.

Tidball
11-03-2005, 11:49 PM

Yeah too bad he hasnt fought at home yet. He was the player profile after the Pats game. I remember seeing Crowley there, then seeing Tidball. BIG difference. Like Tidballs arms are about twice the size of Crowleys. No joke, and Crowley is one tough player. Just look at his fight in the Bronco's game. I cant wait to see Tidball fight in stoon. No one wants to go with him though.

bandwagonboy
11-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Yeah too bad he hasnt fought at home yet. He was the player profile after the Pats game. I remember seeing Crowley there, then seeing Tidball. BIG difference. Like Tidballs arms are about twice the size of Crowleys. No joke, and Crowley is one tough player. Just look at his fight in the Bronco's game. I cant wait to see Tidball fight in stoon. No one wants to go with him though.

Well the tigs will be in toon town soon. I hope that he fights Dorsett. Dorsett may be a small kid, a pain in the ass and someone who nobody outside of Medicine Hat likes but I've seen him stand up to guys way bigger and way older than him, and I've never seen him lose a fight (at least on home ice, he must have lost one or two on the road). If it's true that Tidball likes to pick on smaller younger players then he may get all he bargins for and then some if he picks on Dorsett. If it's true that Tidball had trouble with Calla then he might find himself outmatched if he tries Dorsett.

Tidball
11-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Well the tigs will be in toon town soon. I hope that he fights Dorsett. Dorsett may be a small kid, a pain in the ass and someone who nobody outside of Medicine Hat likes but I've seen him stand up to guys way bigger and way older than him, and I've never seen him lose a fight (at least on home ice, he must have lost one or two on the road). If it's true that Tidball likes to pick on smaller younger players then he may get all he bargins for and then some if he picks on Dorsett. If it's true that Tidball had trouble with Calla then he might find himself outmatched if he tries Dorsett.

Sorry dude, i watched that fight. Tidball beat him with EASE. Not to be biased. But he really did, anyone who saw the figh cant ignore that fact. Only trouble Tidball had was getting off of him when the ref's stepped in. EASY decision Tidball. . . . . EASY :dead:

bandwagonboy
11-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I had no idea that they faught already.

No matter, no need to apologize. Derek is on pace to collect about 40 points this season, he plays on the powerplay and he plays on the penalty kill. He plays in the last minute of close games. All things Tidball can't claim. The fact that Dorsett lost a fight to someone who is 35 lbs heavier and 3 inches taller is something that I as a Tiger fan will lose no sleep over, and it's something that I doubt he loses sleep over.