PDA

View Full Version : Bout time for a win

3wheeler
10-12-2005, 10:22 PM
What is going to take to put the puck in the net?????

These guys need to start shooting on net, cause what the team is doing now is not working. Passing is pathetic come on coaches make it happen. Don't say it early in the season cause other teams are posting wins.
We have the size now start to use it. We were intimidated when Lekovic got a face wash and he returned the favour and rec'd 2 minutes in the box. His next shift he should have taken the guy and dropped the mitts, isn't that what he wants to do!!!!!!
Come on Dean entertain us fans. Bring back some Paddy Ginnell hockey.

Make the opposition afraid to come to this barn!!

Flathead
10-12-2005, 11:10 PM
I agree that teams should be afraid to come into our barn. I don't know what game Hunchak was watching. His post game interview was not the same game I saw. The Hat beat us to every lose puck, if they didn't there was instantly two guys on us causing us to turn over the puck. They out forechecked us something terrible. We had what, 12 shots after two periods. After the way we played(awesome) against Kelowna, I thought we would have put up a way better effort tonight. The game just kinda lacked emotion, and 75% of the time we were trying to get out of our own end, which we had a horrible time doing. What was wrong with the Nelson, Wasmuth, Sauer line? They've been our best line lately, tonight they get split up??? I honestly do believe that this team is a LOT better than what our record shows. I just get a little frustrated I guess. Sure hope we can start some kind of win run starting sat against the Rebels. I felt sorry for Moir tonight, he was hands down the best player on either team, only to lose in the worst thing to ever happen to hockey, the shoot out!

Willis on the Welfare
10-12-2005, 11:26 PM
SOMEONE SCORE A GOAL!!!

The game has opened up. Tonite on average each game featured 8 goals. Spokane and Tri City had a total of 16 goals. Moose Jaw and Kelowna had 9 goals in that game. 2 stinkin' goals. No fights. I appreciate a solid Jerrid Sauer body check, I like seeing Lloyd and Rumey work on defence. I think RJ Larochelle has been as good as any d-man in the league from a defensive standpoint, and Josh Aspenlind can lay a hurtin on anyone with they way he hits.

Having said that could we please score a goal! Lukacevic is a bonified star, but needs someone with finish. The Broncos have tried every line combination possible except Lukacevic and Schenderling and Rakos. Schenderling is the only guy in the lineup with any sort of hands besides Ned. Why did we not have Schenderling in the shootout? I've seen him score on a breakaway. He did it last year. It sticks out in my mind cause it was the only goal we scored!!!

Why do we have two 18 year old healthy scratches? Leovold and Defoe sit tonite. Defoe hasn't seen the ice for several games now and Leovold is a healthy scratch again?

Why can't we announce a goal right? Schenderling scores on a centering feed from Rakos and the goal is announced as Desloges unassisted? Are you kidding me? Derek Dorsett drives to the net to set up Undershute and the lone assist goes to Baldwin? Considering there are never any goals in the Civic Center it would be nice if someone could get it right when it does happen.

Good effort tonite. Way to work hard. See ya saturday when Leovold, Toulmin and anyone else capable of scoring is scratched.

Scout
10-13-2005, 06:55 AM
It was good to see Bortis out there for the first time. He looks to be an awesome skater and once he settles in should be a treat to watch. Also nice to see Postma dressed and getting the odd shift. I was hoping to see Dafoe, Benke and Toulmin but non were dressed. Dafoe has been in the stands more than dressed. Anybody know whats up with that?

Scout

bronconeer
10-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Thats whats up with that - 9 on the Roster Can only dress 6 or 7. Dean needs to make a move cause its no fun sitting in the stands when you are an 18 year old. Can not get better sitting.

Oh-Vee
10-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Med Hat skated circles around the guys we had out there last night, there is no way that those three would have been able to keep up.

On a related note. I am not a fan of the way the game was called last night. I am probably in the minority here but I like the way the game is being called in the NHL. Take your hand off your stick to hold some one up? Two minutes. Use your stick for anything but playing the puck? Two minutes.

Last night was clutch and grab at its worst (Monday against Kelowna was the same). We are just as guilty (if not more so) than the Tigers were last night. But the game was boring!!! If we want 7-6 games in the CCC two things need to happen 1. we need find a goal scorer out of this group and 2. the refs need to start calling the game like it is supposed to be called.

Despite the boring game, the atmosphere in the rink was great last night. The guy with the horn is just what we need. Some one give that kid season tickets.

I also noticed that despite the botched announcments from KJ (he can only announce what he is told) the announcements were given earlier last night. The penalties were announced before 30 seconds of the penalty had expired (Technically they should be announced after the puck is dropped but baby steps are what we are after here).

I am looking for a better game against Red Deer. We were unlucky to not get the win last time they were here so hopefully the puck starts finding its way to the oppositions net and we can pick up two points against a division rival before this season is over before it really starts.

CHtoo
10-13-2005, 11:12 AM
What were all the referee time outs all about last night? Were we on TV?

The atmosphere was great. Kudos to the group in section L for their cheering.

Our defence is no problem; our offence definitley needs work. Why no two line passes? Looked like we still think there is a red line.

bronconeer
10-13-2005, 11:40 AM
New for the league. at the 10 minute mark of each period a timeout for the radio stations to catch up on their advertisement. (I think this relates to the live on stream feeds) Delayed if a team is short handed
Also new is the icing and change rule. Did anyone catch this one?

Oh-Vee
10-13-2005, 12:12 PM
i noticed that the linesmen would stop any changes from happening. Is that the rule?

Broncs in RD
10-13-2005, 01:11 PM
We need another scorer badly!!!! We need more production out a few more players ie:Aspelind I love this player he plays hard and isn't afraid to drop the mitts, but he needs to score. Sauer great 2 way player, but again he needs to produce the players we have here are underacheiving big time. Time to make a trade and bring in another scorer. Plus the coaching staff needs to find a way to get the most out of his players as I don't see this happenning. Give your goaltender some support.

bronconeer
10-13-2005, 01:17 PM
In the stands - Only playing 4 defenseman?

cotinthecurrent
10-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I thought the coach said this year wasn’t going to be a repeat of last. Let’s see. Maximum scoring 2 goals per game (getting past the Lukacevic one-time big bang). Last night one goal in a 4 on 6! The power play which worked for one game is off the rails again! Moir stood on his head to keep us in the game! Shots on goal half of what the other team put up! Can’t get out of our own end. Line combinations constantly changing. Shoot out a bust. We’re digging ourselves in way deep. Sounds a lot like last year to me. A lot of guys are putting in a lot of hard work for pretty frustrating results. So what’s the problem? The system? Some players? The coaching? (the new jerseys?! new air freshener in the change room?! fluoride in the water?! the altitude?! Like what?!)

Broncs in RD
10-13-2005, 01:52 PM
of a very disappointing year of hockey in speedy creek again this year. another 1 goal loss. The team, management, coach need to shake **** up big time. Benching the players we got or scratching them obviously isn't the answer as it has done **** all. we have in 9 games a player with a team high 7 points??????????? 7, the next guy has what 6 points then 2 players at 4. Our plus minus is also horrible.

bronconeer
10-13-2005, 02:03 PM
1st Year in Seattle - 6th in the West
2nd Year in Seattle - 4th in the US
3rd Year in Seattle - 1st in the US
4th Year in Seattle - 5th in the US

Looks like Next Year will be the Broncos Year according to Dean's history.

PS - I do not think he has all the right forwards.
Some of the Vets are Chronic non-performers - work hard but can not score

3wheeler
10-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Thank you to Kyle but he is going to need help.

Dean needs to make up lines and stick with them now that Bortis is healthy.
He better make trades or cuts cause from the feed back others on this board are getting tired of losing.
As fans we know that putting shots on net and into the net are possible.
Deans contract is for 3 years and without production from him and the team he will be in the unemployment line.

I am not blaming the players because they have the capability to play well but the players listen to what the coaches tell them and is it working???

I THINK NOT

LETS KICK SOME REBEL BUTT

Puckhuckster
10-13-2005, 07:07 PM
I’ve been sick so I listened to the game on the internet last night and I’m with Flathead. What game was Hunchak watching? He said the team had climbed the mountain and had their hands around the rock at the top and now only had to heave themselves up over the edge! Is he having some kind of religious experience? Is he expecting Moses to show up with a few stone tablets describing how to put the puck in the net and where to get a power play? And Keen and Switzer. Raving on about Donny Lloyd like he’s the second coming! How is it he came over from Kootenay an 8th or 9th defenseman with pretty marginal play, yet got tons of ice time to the point where he is now in the top three and virtually performs miracles? Obviously blessed. They are also hot on LaRochelle judging from last night. I can see why the coaches are trying to change his role but the power play?! And he’s playing every second shift now after starting the season with some pretty wobbly performances. Blessed too? Or is it the local thing? Or good connections? Meanwhile Hengen and Postma take turns with Defoe and Benke sitting out. What happens with this major investment if LaRochelle gets hurt again? And what happens with the development of the other four? Even Rumsey seems to be taking a back seat judging by the Eagle play by play.
And what about the power play? And the puck in the net/not? And take a closer look at Scout’s list of players by age. There are lots of young guys but there are lots of older guys too (try 10!) that are 19 & 20. But there’s a black hole of 18 year olds. Of our three picks in the first and second round of the 2002 draft one was dropped (now in Everett) and two didn’t show. Of the other three Defoe and Hengen are playing alternating games. Sauer is the only one who has been a regular since last year (and deserves to be). Are we now looking 2-3 years down the road? That would be a real shame when the fans have come out with great support for this year.

Willis on the Welfare
10-13-2005, 08:02 PM
I agree that Keen and Switzer can go overboard in their praise of players from time to time. As the voice of the Broncos it is likely in their job description to get excited about the team. and they sure can't say much about goal scorers.

I didn't listen to the game but from what I saw I think Lloyd had a hell of a game. He has stepped up and is playing with finesse and physicality when he has to. Larochelle is also solid on the blue line and his play is very praise worthy regardless of where he is from. With RJ on the point, the powerplay has scored in five straight games.

Huckster, are you saying RJ and Lloyd aren't worthy of praise? While the Broncos can't score for the life of them, you can't argue the defence has been tip top.

Puckhuckster
10-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Actually, let's give Price some credit here! The fact that RJ has been partnered with Price has played in his favour big time, whether on the power play or five on five. Otherwise his plus/minus is one up, one down, nothing special.

Willis on the Welfare
10-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Good point. Price has been a solid addition, and he sure adds experience to the PP.

dynamitekid
10-14-2005, 09:06 AM
I would like to know at what point in the off season Luke became an offensive threat. What a joke! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!!!!!!! As I have posted before if we are going to rely on Luke to win us a game we are done. What in the hell was wrong with show casing Bortis in the shoot out!! What about Nelson? I toatly agree that no one is scared to come in to our barn any more. Medicne Hat in town and who do you see in the lobby before the game? Benke, our biggest d-man. Great call by the wanna be coach. The Hat knows that this is there home away from home and have no fear at all to come in here and push us around.

Great crowd support though, way to go to the kids in L with the horn.

Oh-Vee
10-14-2005, 09:54 AM
I don't know what you think Benke would have done if he were in the line up. You can't hit what you can't catch. I like a good fight just as much as the next guy but who on the Tigers was going to fight Benke? They have no heavyweights!!!

Why would coach dress a kid who can't skate with the team he is playing against yet. Benke is going to be a good and useful player in this league but his skating is not at a point where he can keep up with a small, fast and skilled team like the Tigers.

It is unfortunate that Postma played so poorly in the first period and was effectivly benched for the second and third. That really put preassure on the other 5 and they handled it fairly well. The forwards looked lost without Ned.

daveyboysmith
10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
just checking

Scout
10-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Alot of talk about the ice time Benke isn't getting but what about Dafoe. The guy is a vet and is playing very little. One thing i noticed against the Hat is they stood in front of the net and no one moved them. Thank goodness Moir was primed. With two 6'6" defenceman on the ice, i'm sure the net would have been cleared.

Scout

bronconeer
10-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Is Hengen not a vet? They are not using him to his capabilities either. Comes down to who are they going to move?

Flathead
10-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I agree that Keen and Switzer can go overboard in their praise of players from time to time. As the voice of the Broncos it is likely in their job description to get excited about the team. and they sure can't say much about goal scorers.

I didn't listen to the game but from what I saw I think Lloyd had a hell of a game. He has stepped up and is playing with finesse and physicality when he has to. Larochelle is also solid on the blue line and his play is very praise worthy regardless of where he is from. With RJ on the point, the powerplay has scored in five straight games.

Huckster, are you saying RJ and Lloyd aren't worthy of praise? While the Broncos can't score for the life of them, you can't argue the defence has been tip top.
Lloyd, LaRochelle, and Price deserve a lot of credit. It's like they're the only ones sticking to the game plan. Price isn't flashy or anything but always gets the job done. Donny has ,BY FAR, thrown some of the best hits this season and makes others weary about coming down his side of the ice. Rj is solid defensevly, rarely gets beat. And does his job well on the pp, he gets the puck in deep, holds it at the line and lets some nice low hard shots go. It's hardly his fault that the others can't even get a cycle going with an extra man.
I do agree that some others deserve a lot of credit as well. Levi puts in 110% every shift and has been 3 star worthy a few games and doesn't even get a honorable mention on the post game show.
Also Hunchak said on the post game that in the shoot out they use players that have scored goals. Ummm does Schenderling not have the second most goals on the team?? Don't think I saw him in the shoot out.
It's frustrating, this team does appear to be so close some nights, then others.........???? Let's kick some Red Deer butt Saturday!

Puckhuckster
10-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Last time I checked, three defencemen ain't gonna get ya to (far less through) the playoffs!! And since when has Rumsey's stock gone down to the point where he is no longer considered a factor? I have a bad feeling that some shortsighted favouritism is costing this team. Actually, I started wondering about that last year when Fransoo came out rock solid but finished the year completely whipped.
On another note, playing in desperation mode is a losing proposition and we've been doing it for way too long! It's time to get on with some longterm planning and development!

bronconeer
10-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Better wake up and see what is transpiring hear. Your posts are all on the right track. Ask the dressing room.

ointhecreek
10-14-2005, 06:13 PM
How they tide has turned! I'm realy dissappointed in some of you. Not to long ago you all were praising every thing about the Broncos, and now you seem to be turning on them like rabid wolves. It's still early boys and girls. As a wise beer drinker once said not long ago, give them a LITTLE time to jell. Start bitckin in November. All the games( except for the Kooteney game) have been close and in my humble opinion, exciting hockey games. Sure, the team needs a little tweaking but I'm sure Dean is working on it. As for players getting favoured, I think some deserve it for their work ethic. You should always reward hard work and good attitude and bench those with bad.
I know I'm not real happy that we are not winning, but I am being entertained every game I go to and will stand behind them for as long as they are here, for without the support they will be gone. And I remember well the bad years they were gone.

My rant is over!! :groovy:

Willis on the Welfare
10-14-2005, 06:17 PM
O has a point. One thing we're all forgetting is that this is the toughest month of the season for this team. Plus, I'd rather see them losing now and winning in March, instead of the other way around.