PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Release Ben Van Lare

westbeach55
10-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Press Release

October 13, 2005

Raiders Release Ben Van Lare

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - The Prince Albert Raiders made a roster move this afternoon releasing 18 year-old forward Ben Van Lare. Van Lare appeared in three games for the Raiders this season with a goal and 2 minutes in penalties. It has been yet to be determined where Van Lare will be re-assigned to.

The move leaves the Raiders with 23 players on their roster - 14 forwards, 7 defencemen and 2 goaltenders.

Scoring Changes Announced

Upon further review, the Raiders in conjunction with the Western Hockey League, have made two scoring changes in recent games:

1) Oct.1 - Red Deer at Prince Albert - The fifth Raider goal (power play) has now been credited to Dane Byers, assisted by AJ Thelen and Jeff May. Originally it was credited to Thelen with assists to May and Aki Seistonen.

2) Oct.7 - Prince Albert at Tri-City - The second Raider goal (power play) has now been credited to Byers with assists to May and Thelen. Originally it was credited to May with assists to Byers and Thelen.

With these changes, Byers moves into the team lead in scoring with 4 goals and 5 assists, one point ahead of May (1 goal and 7 assists).

Triton
10-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Raiders give up on players too easy.How can you determine anything from 3 games and maybe 7-8 minutes per game??

westbeach55
10-13-2005, 11:49 AM
I agree i though Van lare looked like one of the best checking raiders when they were playing there home games, should have gave him longer

Knuckle Chucker
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I think the Raiders have such a veteran heavy team it was hard to give him ice time. They had a hard time dressing him over Elder, Autman, Duece, or Depape.

Triton
10-13-2005, 03:23 PM
I think the Raiders have such a veteran heavy team it was hard to give him ice time. They had a hard time dressing him over Eldor, Autman, Duece, or Depape.

LOL...How come you can't spell your own players names?Kinda funny...now try to spell...GERHARD UNTERLUGGAUER...ANDREI LUPANDIN..ALEX ARGYRIOU.

Sorry..just razzin ya.Sometimes I can't spell properly either when I'am typing fast.

Wildeyes
10-13-2005, 03:55 PM
hey was lazy in practice didnt give it his all

Sabes
10-13-2005, 06:34 PM
He looked good in camp skating with Chipchura before he was injured. His goal he scored this year was a nice shot. It seems like he can skate and has a decent release, personally I would have kept him over Bjorge but Clark must see something I don't

Knuckle Chucker
10-13-2005, 08:44 PM
LOL...How come you can't spell your own players names?Kinda funny...now try to spell...GERHARD UNTERLUGGAUER...ANDREI LUPANDIN..ALEX ARGYRIOU.

Sorry..just razzin ya.Sometimes I can't spell properly either when I'am typing fast.

LOL....I was typing fast at work when I should have been working :D