PDA

View Full Version : Swift Current's 2nd Euro

Puckhuckster
10-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I came across this player profile on Richard Lelkes which is quite interesting. Doesn't sound like Dean's type of guy at all. Why would they choose him? Especially when there was a good chance he would not show. Anyone know what the situation is on a second Euro?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/richard_lelkes

Oh-Vee
10-14-2005, 10:53 PM
during a Champions meeting earlier this year, Dean mentioned that the soonest that Lelkes would come over would be November and that he is a dynamic player that can put the puck in the net.

He was projected as a fairly decent NHL prospect but didn't get drafted this year. Because of this his agent is pressing for him to play in North America to get better noticed.

Scout
10-15-2005, 07:07 AM
I read a news clipping on Lelkes and he mentioned if he signed with his Euro pro team he would not report to Canada. Sounded like he had no desire to come to North America. I'm not sure why he has to wait till November but any offence will help. Has the size and tools but i'm not so sure he is a team player. Hope he makes it over.

Scout

Puckhuckster
10-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Did you actually go to that site and read what it says? He sounds like major bad news, especially since Dean doesn't seem to have mastered the art of dealing with attitude or reining in prima donnas. We could be looking at airfare here and back of $2000 (double that for Christmas) for someone who has us way down on his list of things to do and could create havoc if he ever does come.

ointhecreek
10-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Did you actually go to that site and read what it says? He sounds like major bad news, especially since Dean doesn't seem to have mastered the art of dealing with attitude or reining in prima donnas. We could be looking at airfare here and back of $2000 (double that for Christmas) for someone who has us way down on his list of things to do and could create havoc if he ever does come.
I gotta agree. Sounds like a real headcase that we dont need. We have enuff problems with out adding this one. Leave him at home.