PDA

View Full Version : any pat fan have any info on release of ryan mcdonald

westbeach55
10-14-2005, 10:45 PM
i heard at the rink in pa that ryan mcdonald was cut by the pats and is coming back to prince albert (home town)

Number_4
10-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Im not really sure what happened with him. There was just a side note in one of the articles that he was assigned to the Melville Millionaires on Thursday I believe. No explaination was given.

Bran
10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I was pretty surprised when I heard that...he was supposed to be a big part of this team. Mind you, I don't think he's played all that much this year, has he? I'll have to check him out at a Mils game next time I'm up there.

Fight Guy
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
A couple games ago, I mentioned to my brother that McDonald hasnt played yet this season...but he had already player 4 games, I found out after. I never noticed him on the ice at all. I thought he was going to have an elevated role this year. I guess not.

witness
10-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Might not be the worst move for McDonald. I think that he still is in the Pats future. But, he has been a scorer at every level he has played in. The Pats need him to score. I think he lost a bit of confidence. Going to the SJHL and putting up some numbers might be just what the Doctor ordered.

nivek_wahs
10-18-2005, 02:50 AM
All I have heard is that McDonald has been reassigned to Melville, not given his walking papers (he would draw some interest from a few teams via the trade route due to his huge potential).

From what I remember at the beginning of Pats training camp, he came into camp in not the best shape. That might have put him in the Curtis Hunt's "doghouse" (I could be wrong but I remember reading this somewhere). As Ryan has been a goal scorer throughout his career, I have to agree with witness in Ryan's reassignment might be what he needs to get on track. And just a quick check of the SJHL website he has 4 points in 2 games (all assists in a 7-0 win over Estevan).

Kevin