PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing.....

Tinner
10-15-2005, 10:58 AM
according to the RD Advocate, last nights game in the Hat was just that. Listening to parts of it only, it didnt sound that good. anyone go to the game?

Tiger Trauma
10-15-2005, 07:04 PM
I would say the first period the rebs forgot to show up.It was pretty one sided....The second they played a lot harder...when they hit.. they seemed to slow us down a bit....One bright spot was the goaltending...Reimer made a ton of real good quality saves

bandwagonboy
10-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Yup I was there.

With the exception of Rome and Sutter the rebels looked very slow compared to the Tigers. In parts of the second and parts of the third the Rebels looked charged up and tried to take the physical game to the Tigers but couldn't match speed in order to lay the body. The D was constantly letting down Reimer and the score should have been much higher than it was but the young Tiger forwards seemed to be gun shy/nervous out there. With vetern Tiger forwards like Todd, Maxwell, and Block all injured guys like Ennis and Bosch are getting tons of ice time. Last night they'd make amazing passes or display great puck handling ablity only to get all alone in front of the net and fumble the puck. Had that not been the case the score could have been 8-1. The biggest disapointment with the rebels was Mihalik. Not only is not much of a skater, but despite his size he brings little or no physical presence. Considering he got knocked around by 140 lbs Ennis a couple of times. What a difference a year makes in the number 3.

The officiating wasn't bad. I thought it was called pretty evenly. Savage did a good job of keeping control of the game as Red Deer got frustrated.

Positives? The Rebels look set between the pipes. Sutter is a hell of a player in my estimation. And the Rebels never really gave up, they just couldn't skate with the smaller faster Tigers.

To sum up, the young Tiger forwards look skilled but green and need to relax a bit around the net and they'll start seeing more pucks go in. Red Deer needs to get faster and seems to still be adjusting to the new rules.