PDA

View Full Version : Ams 5-4 over Blades

HAF
10-15-2005, 12:50 PM
It came down to the shoot out where Jason Beeman won the game for us for the second game in a row. All in all good game, officiating sucked (both ways) Misconducts were being doled out left and right.
How about Chet Pickard with 32 saves to win his first ever WHL start!!
Bring on the Chiefs tonight!!!! I think we got the right kind of momentum working in our favor!

Homer
10-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Good on the Ams for the win. I have a couple of questions for you.

- Did Gillen play? How did he look. Meaver has no points but has looked pretty solid in his first couple games as a cougar.

- What's the deal with this Tidball guy? Seems to have Saskatoon fans all wired up. Heard he got in a scrap last night. Is he as big of a deal as everyone is making him?

Lefty
10-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Can anyone comment on Flatt's major?

It led to two Tri-Cities goals, so I'd like to see Molleken sit him in the stands for a couple games cause of his stupidity. :dead:

HAF
10-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Good on the Ams for the win. I have a couple of questions for you.

- Did Gillen play? How did he look. Meaver has no points but has looked pretty solid in his first couple games as a cougar.

- What's the deal with this Tidball guy? Seems to have Saskatoon fans all wired up. Heard he got in a scrap last night. Is he as big of a deal as everyone is making him?

Yes Gillen played, However he really didnt show me much.
Tidball and Emmerson had two tilts last night. Emmerson was the clear winner of the first tilt. I couldnt see real well on the second fight but was told by everyone who saw it it appeared as a draw with Tidball having the slight upper hand.

Stay-Puft
10-15-2005, 03:37 PM
On the 2nd Tidball-Emmerson tilt, I would have given the edge to Tidball. Both connected a couple, but Tidball's, I think, were better shots. He did stir it up a little after the 2nd with a "shhhhh" motion with his finger and did start talking smack to the fans in the stands behind the penalty box, plus kept egging them on.

I didn't see what started Flatt's major, but did see a video replay of it on the news this morning. The clip showed Flatt throwing haymakers to Kyle Peters, all 5'7" of him, while Peters still had his gloves on, helmet on, stick in his hand, while trying to cover up ("turtleing"). Yet Flatt had hold of his jersey and was just throwing away. Report I heard from a fan right in front, was that he basically jumped Peters. Maybe Flatt felt left out of the misconducts.

By the way, I agree with HAF. The officiating last night was probably one of the worst games I have seen in the WHL in some time. Stevenson's fighting major and misconduct was a prime example. It started along the board in front of me. Stevenson put a cross-check on the guy into the boards, was looking down at the puck when his jersey starts to get pulled over his head. In my opinion, clear instigating penalty. Fighting was not mutual, but defensive. Then Bader for Saskatoon comes over and slaps the Blade fighter on his hip pocket at the blue line on his way across the ice to the penalty box for congratulations, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF before they were called over to pick up the mess! Correct me if I am wrong, but that should have been a misconduct on Bader. However, Stevenson got 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct. Absolutely no idea what the 10 minute was for. No punches were thrown at the end. I have not been too impressed with the officiating so far this year, way too inconsistent.

Good luck tonight boys. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.

HAF
10-15-2005, 03:44 PM
It looked to me that Kyles skate was hung in the goal net while Flatt was attacking...Yes...ATTACKING him. Kyle had both gloves on and was definately not a willing participant in this altercation. You can ask STAY PUFT, My seat is in prime real estate to see this occurance...

Stay-Puft
10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Prime real estate. Right there next to Bob Ucker in the front row. j/k. If anyone would have a good view, it's Herm. With the officiating last night, I'm surprised Peters didn't get 2 minutes for diving. OK, I'll stop on the officiating now. I had my rant.

Lefty
10-16-2005, 01:36 AM
On the 2nd Tidball-Emmerson tilt, I would have given the edge to Tidball. Both connected a couple, but Tidball's, I think, were better shots. He did stir it up a little after the 2nd with a "shhhhh" motion with his finger and did start talking smack to the fans in the stands behind the penalty box, plus kept egging them on.

I didn't see what started Flatt's major, but did see a video replay of it on the news this morning. The clip showed Flatt throwing haymakers to Kyle Peters, all 5'7" of him, while Peters still had his gloves on, helmet on, stick in his hand, while trying to cover up ("turtleing"). Yet Flatt had hold of his jersey and was just throwing away. Report I heard from a fan right in front, was that he basically jumped Peters. Maybe Flatt felt left out of the misconducts.

By the way, I agree with HAF. The officiating last night was probably one of the worst games I have seen in the WHL in some time. Stevenson's fighting major and misconduct was a prime example. It started along the board in front of me. Stevenson put a cross-check on the guy into the boards, was looking down at the puck when his jersey starts to get pulled over his head. In my opinion, clear instigating penalty. Fighting was not mutual, but defensive. Then Bader for Saskatoon comes over and slaps the Blade fighter on his hip pocket at the blue line on his way across the ice to the penalty box for congratulations, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF before they were called over to pick up the mess! Correct me if I am wrong, but that should have been a misconduct on Bader. However, Stevenson got 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct. Absolutely no idea what the 10 minute was for. No punches were thrown at the end. I have not been too impressed with the officiating so far this year, way too inconsistent.

Good luck tonight boys. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.

Thanks. I'm a Blades fan, and Flatt is one guy I'm not a big fan of. He isn't normally dirty, but he has a tendency to take stupid penalties and do stupid things. If he did as you described he deserved every penalty minute he got. I wouldn't even complain if he got a game or two suspension for it.

Brad
10-16-2005, 10:12 PM
The only thing I can figure on the Flatt thing is that it was payback for Stephenson beating the stuffing out of MacAuley (sp). The way that one started would have been in a blindspot from the Saskatoon bench, so maybe their coach didn't see his player instigating the fight. You would think someone on the ice would have told the coach their guy started it. All I can think is that didn't happen is he sent Flatt out for some payback on one of our smaller guys the next shift.