PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs Lethbridge Oct 15

rinkrat
10-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Who will start in goal? Tough call,I'd go back to Slade I think...

Beaner
10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I'll go with Slade. He just had one of those nights.

GF71
10-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Much better effort by Slade last night. He let in a couple of softies, but at least he was paying attention. Kraus and Lamb were HUGE for the Giants last night. Overall, not the tightest effort by the Giants, but they got the job done. One thing I am noticing though...Fistric is NOT asserting himself on the ice at all. Maybe he is worried about taking a penalty, or maybe even his jaw, but man...KNOCK SOMEBODY ON THEIR ASS!!! When #8 from the canes cross checked Hunt and took the misconduct, he was just standing back, leaning on the boards. Take the two minutes, stand up for your team mate, act the captain, and knock the guy on his ass. He is a huge guy...I am sure few would really stand up to him when it mattered. I am getting frustrated with that aspect of his game. He has been pretty solid and reliable on the back end, but I think he really needs to ramp up his Physical game. I am sure Beaner will attest to that in his re-cap when he puts it up.

Beaner
10-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Much better effort by Slade last night. He let in a couple of softies, but at least he was paying attention. Kraus and Lamb were HUGE for the Giants last night. Overall, not the tightest effort by the Giants, but they got the job done. One thing I am noticing though...Fistric is NOT asserting himself on the ice at all. Maybe he is worried about taking a penalty, or maybe even his jaw, but man...KNOCK SOMEBODY ON THEIR ASS!!! When #8 from the canes cross checked Hunt and took the misconduct, he was just standing back, leaning on the boards. Take the two minutes, stand up for your team mate, act the captain, and knock the guy on his ass. He is a huge guy...I am sure few would really stand up to him when it mattered. I am getting frustrated with that aspect of his game. He has been pretty solid and reliable on the back end, but I think he really needs to ramp up his Physical game. I am sure Beaner will attest to that in his re-cap when he puts it up.

I think the problem a lot of Dmen are having is they cant be aggressive in front of the net like last year or else they take the 2. I agree I would like to see more aggressiveness out of Fistric, but I'd rather he was on the ice rather than taking the retalitory penalty. Hunt is going to draw those penalties its what he does, he has to be able to take the punishment he gets, so that we can get the man avdantage.

I was happy to see Franson throwing the body around a bit more last night.

Gabriel is good for the aggressive Defenceman role, but he does need to work on his defensive zone play, but that will come with time.

The one guy on the back end I want to see more out of is Gordichuk. He wont hit anyone it seems, and it drives me nuts. If he isnt going to hit people then I would rather see Gabriel get his ice time and improve his game as opposed to seeing Gordichuk out there. Gabriel seems more than willing to take on that role of mean defenceman, I say let him do it.