10-16-2005, 12:08 AM
just announced, kinda glad, never liked the traitor anyway

rinkrat
10-16-2005, 12:13 AM
WOW,didn't see that coming!

Flathead
10-16-2005, 03:34 PM
just announced, kinda glad, never liked the traitor anyway
My thoughts exactly. Had he stayed Canadian and never spoke, I may have cared.

In the crowd
10-16-2005, 04:20 PM
He wasn't a traitor, he just stayed loyal to the team that gave him a chance when he was a junior

Homer
10-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Do any of these pro athletes realize how stupid they look and sound when they blubber as they retire?

What the hell are they crying about? Yep, I can take my millions I've made playing a game and sit on the beach, golf, hang out, etc. He should be crying because he's lucky not to be one of us poor saps who has to get up for work Monday mornings.

I also think Brett was a traitor and a big mouth Prima Donna who should have retired before the season. The only positive about the guy was that skit on Saturday night Live....

Tinner
10-17-2005, 07:29 AM
I've got to agree with a post above, he wasn't a traitor, he played within the rules and was given a chance when he couldn't earn a spot on the Canadian team. Don't say that any one of us, given the same circumstances wouldn't have done the same thing. There are pinnacles to reach in every sport and in hockey there's the Stanley Cup, the World Cahampionship and the Olympic Gold Medal. To achieve those, sometimes you need to take different routes.

I'm not a Brett Hull fan by any means, but retiring from anything is NOT easy. Give the guy his due, he's earned it.

WHEATMAN
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I've got to agree with a post above, he wasn't a traitor, he played within the rules and was given a chance when he couldn't earn a spot on the Canadian team. Don't say that any one of us, given the same circumstances wouldn't have done the same thing. There are pinnacles to reach in every sport and in hockey there's the Stanley Cup, the World Cahampionship and the Olympic Gold Medal. To achieve those, sometimes you need to take different routes.

I'm not a Brett Hull fan by any means, but retiring from anything is NOT easy. Give the guy his due, he's earned it.

I for one wouldnt have turned my back on my country, that doesnt show loyalty.

Tiger Trauma
10-17-2005, 08:57 PM
kind of shocking indeed... never really like him anyways...

In the crowd
10-18-2005, 10:48 PM
The way I see it, hockey Canada never gave Hull a chance, so since he has dual citizinship, USA hockey gave him a chance. How is he turning his back on the country when he belongs to 2 countrys, and one of them gave him a chance, and he stayed loyal to them for it. To me it shows more character to represent someone who always wanted you then to represent someone who only wanted you when you became a superstar. I'm not a big Brett Hull fan, but thats one thing he always got a bad rap for that he should't have