PDA

View Full Version : Time for another change

Joe Sports
10-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Time for the Hurricanes to make a big change ........From the President to the Assistant coach . A couple of real stupid trades and we go from 1st to last. I am tired of watching a losing team.

Beaner
10-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Only seen the one Hurricane game here in Vancouver - the 'canes do not look good. Could be a very long year for 'cane fans. Hopefully they do something to improve the product.

loudi94
10-21-2005, 10:25 PM
I can't believe the comments tonight by Hoffard. Slagging Opsahl for losing the game is unbelievable. He had no chance on the 1st and 3rd goals. On the 2nd goal Klinkhammer was too busy trying to make the hit and didn't play the puck. The team in front of him is brutal at times. Keetley wasn't the difference, the Canes inability to put two passes together was the difference.
I cringe when I hear a coach publicly call out kids (Petkau, Klinkhammer) like that. Keep it in house even if they deserve to be demoted or benched.

I heard Ullrich quit as opposed to being reassigned. "I've never had a worse coach in 15 years of hockey". Putting some points up would have helped out a little.

Nielson11
10-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Loudi, interviewing Lindsay on the post-game after a loss, is always a little tough!

I to thought that Opsahl didn't play all that bad, the goals weren't two week, a tip here, no help there. Felt bad for him.

Bottom line is this team can't score goals.

We'll what happens on Saturday, Swift won tonight against Red Deer.

Hofford wouldn't say who would start but I'm better on Leclerc.

Take it easy,
Nielson

Joe Sports
10-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Tonight the Canes were out played , out huslted , out everything.We have no scoring . To put it in some other words I heard at the rink was ....we suck. :burningma I think that there needs to be a change , but a change to what? What coaches are out there ? Is Hoffard really that bad? I don't know I am just asking . I only believe half of what I hear. I seen a couple of players really working out there tonight. Ashton , Olphson , and Pess , after that hard to see anything. As far as the goalie , he was not bad , but did not make the big stops to help lift the team. Just some of my thoughts , not all of my thoughts but I could go on for a long time , lets see what happens tonight. :thumb:

loudi94
10-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Joe I agree with you whole heartedly. I asked some people if a new coach would make a big difference. We all concluded that the only difference would be that the players might have a little more fun, but it wouldn't translate into too many more wins. I would like to see them put a hockey guy in charge of the team as opposed to a PR manager, that would make a difference in terms of personnel aquired and dealt. I'm pretty tired of players quitting on the team, it happens way to often here.

In the crowd
10-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Personally I thought the last 2 were weak goals that he could've had, but i wouldn't blame the loss on him. The highlight of the game though I thought was Ashton's fight, I think th body shots on Baldwin wore him out. In the last 5 minutes when the canes wre pushing they had problems getting th puck on net, that might have been a reason they couldn't tie it. Gotta get the shots on net. I'll see ya tonight again.