PDA

View Full Version : Dean's team

Puckhuckster
10-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Since coming last fall Dean has traded away Trojovsky, Schultz, Busto, Fransoo, Leavitt, Feakes, Annesley, Stengler, Grenier & Leslie. He has dropped or lost Sawka, Bobby Williams, Hughson, Leovold, Brisebois, Stone, Knebl, Szczachor & Alexander. He has picked up Schenderling, Lekovic, Lloyd, Desloges, Wasmuth, Aspenlind, LaRochelle, Lukacevic & Price. How is this not his team?

Puckhuckster
10-17-2005, 03:13 PM
add Redenbach to the traded away list.

bronconeer
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Does he think he can wait until Trade-Deadline to get a scorer or is he going to change his system to get some offense going or how about use the new rules to get it going....... How about the 2 extra defensman. Trade them for 1 scorer.

Toswammi
10-17-2005, 04:54 PM
How about the 2 extra defensman. Trade them for 1 scorer.

With 8 defensemen still around, and only one extra forward i would assume that they are either waiting for Llelks to show up (other euro) or is ultimately looking to deal a defenseman for a forward.

Puckhuckster
10-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Like I said before, how is he an option? It sounds like he's a good set-up guy but his player profile says he slid down the rankings thanks to a less-than-stellar attitude. His play last year was "lackadaisical" and he fights with all his coaches. It says his uncoachability and total disdain for hard work make him a BIG risk. See the site for yourself.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/richard_lelkes

Broncs in RD
10-17-2005, 06:14 PM
We need all the help we can get who gives a crap if his attitude is bad if he can score we can use him. Ian Whites attitude wasn't the greatest, but at least he put up points and we made the playoffs. Dean do something or no wait maybe don't. Redenbach gone for a player you cut and to a division rival. Busto he would be leading our team in points.

Toswammi
10-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I am assuming that dean knew about lelkes mouth before he drafted him. I do believe he said that they (broncos) got there man when they drafted him, so he has to bring somebody to the table. I would be willing to put some of the temper aside if he can score, afterall the broncos are on pace to score less goals than the bronco team that set the record for the least amount of goals in a season.

kelownakarl
10-17-2005, 08:48 PM
If he wants a Euro I am sure Hamilton will be dealing forward Tomas Raffl once Darzins returns in the new year.

Oh-Vee
10-17-2005, 10:16 PM
We need all the help we can get who gives a crap if his attitude is bad if he can score we can use him. Ian Whites attitude wasn't the greatest, but at least he put up points and we made the playoffs. Dean do something or no wait maybe don't. Redenbach gone for a player you cut and to a division rival. Busto he would be leading our team in points.

Red Deer come on now. In no way was Redenbach traded for Murray. RJ was the main guy in that deal. Cruse was in the deal becuase of Lethbridge needed to loose a 20 year old (proved to be a good leader and a useful player in the time he was here).

The division rival complaint holds no water either as we were so far out of the playoffs that it was never going to happen. How did that trade hurt us? We got a top 4 d man for a player we were going to loose anyways.

That being said, I do agree with your coments on the euro. Bring him over score some goals, get into the playoffs and do some damage.

Broncs in RD
10-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Red Deer come on now. In no way was Redenbach traded for Murray. RJ was the main guy in that deal. Cruse was in the deal becuase of Lethbridge needed to loose a 20 year old (proved to be a good leader and a useful player in the time he was here).
Yes we got a great D man, we got three players for him and now only have 1 why even throw in Murray in the deal Dean never played him and obviously never had him in the plans to play this year. Makes no sense to me. I personally didn't like the Redenbach trade. We traded a point getter for 1 Dman when we really needed a goal scorer.

Oh-Vee
10-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Yes we got a great D man, we got three players for him and now only have 1 why even throw in Murray in the deal Dean never played him and obviously never had him in the plans to play this year. Makes no sense to me. I personally didn't like the Redenbach trade. We traded a point getter for 1 Dman when we really needed a goal scorer.

I don't disagree that we needed a goal scorer then and we really need another goal scorer now however I am sure that Dean knew that and got the best deal he could at the time.

As far as why Murray was included? I don't know. A lot of deadline deals are numbers games. Perhaps Lethbridge knew that Murray wasn't going to get a lot of ice down the stretch and didn't want the distraction. Perhaps they thought that they were going to play the Tigers in the first round and didn't want the destraction of the concussion he gave Glass. It could be so many things.

When you are as bad as we were last year you take as many assets as you can and try and make something out of it in the preseason.

When it is all said and done, I don't think that Tyler for RJ was a bad deal. Tyler for Ashton Rome would have been great but that deal probably wasn't there at the time.

Broncs in RD
10-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Red Deer got Morris and Rome Pieper and Lilly they gave up Jones and Herman. Why couldn't Dean pull off a trade or trades like that when we had a premier forward to deal????? like Redenbach I don't get it?

Oh-Vee
10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Red Deer got Morris and Rome Pieper and Lilly they gave up Jones and Herman. Why couldn't Dean pull off a trade or trades like that when we had a premier forward to deal????? like Redenbach I don't get it?

The difference between Redenbach and Jones/Herman is that they are both still playing in the WHL. Redenbach is now in Providence RI playing for the Bruins farms team. Jones has 14 points in 8 games.

Lethbridge was not going to sell the farm or give up some one that could make an impact during their playoff run.

Offsider
10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
3 things needed to put fans in the seats Win's,Goals and fights. we aren't doing any of them . But not because were not working hard the boy's will out work any team . I think we have the top 4 checking lines in the DUB . We need a sniper and a tought guy can't believe what Rome got away with at the last game there is a big difference between playing disciplined and sticking up for your team mates .

Toswammi
10-18-2005, 05:16 PM
So i'm not the only one kinda upset about how the broncos reacted in the red deer game. I thought they kinda wussed out. Call me what you will but the broncos need to get tougher with clowns that play dirty and constantly run their mouth. Besides it would have done two things positive:
1. Starts making the broncos look like they have a backbone
2. The crowd would have had something positive to talk about not what ifs, and we need.

Broncs in RD
10-19-2005, 04:46 PM
I Agree with the last 2 posts. The new NHL rules were brought in to make the game more excting as the DUB has implemented these rules as well, I don't see the Broncos as an exciting team to watch right now sure they work hard every night, most teams do, but there has been no excitment in Bronco land since the 1 game Ned scored 5. Score Goals and Fight.... bring back some excitment to the CCC.

Flathead
10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
can't believe what Rome got away with at the last game there is a big difference between playing disciplined and sticking up for your team mates .
It's long over with now, but Rumsey called on Rome all night but Rome had the strings attached to his mitties.

Offsider
10-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Not that Rumsey isnt important to our D. We now have the players on the blueline that can hold the fort if he drops the gloves every now and then . More so than last year. Not saying he should be a Mitch Love from a few years ago but when needed ,Even just to change the pace of the game .We know he can chuck . Even think Benke would have taken Rome.