PDA

View Full Version : Americans Designate Dowhay for Assignment

Stay-Puft
10-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Kennewick, WA – The Tri-City Americans today have designated 18-year-old right win Jarrid Dowhay for assignment. The move is effective immediately and reduces the club roster to 25 players (15 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders).

The Prince Albert, Saskatchewan native appeared in four games this season and had no points and seven penalty minutes. He played in 13 games in 2004-05 for the Americans and had one goal and four penalty minutes.

Stay-Puft
10-18-2005, 09:30 AM
I noticed that they released Tanner Stockwell also (TC Herald).

Triton
10-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Kennewick, WA – The Tri-City Americans today have designated 18-year-old right win Jarrid Dowhay for assignment. The move is effective immediately and reduces the club roster to 25 players (15 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders).

The Prince Albert, Saskatchewan native appeared in four games this season and had no points and seven penalty minutes. He played in 13 games in 2004-05 for the Americans and had one goal and four penalty minutes.

Where is he getting assigned to??

Sabes
10-18-2005, 05:39 PM
My guess would be La Ronge Ice Wolves of the SJHL but that's just a guess.

hockeymom
10-21-2005, 01:10 PM
what does this exactly mean.... asked a few people and they haven't heard this type of wording before. Anyone know... :confused:

HAF
10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
That means he has been sent down to an inferior league for right now, though the Ams still own his WHL rights and can call him back up if needed.

Triton
10-21-2005, 03:18 PM
My guess would be La Ronge Ice Wolves of the SJHL but that's just a guess.

Yeah he's with the Ice Wolves of the SJHL.They have a good team there and adding him made them even better.He scored in his first game with them when they beat the Melfort Mustangs 4-3 in overtime.

Brad
10-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Its a pretty common phrase in sports, just not in WHL hockey. It means he has been designated as a player who will no longer be playing on the team and will either be traded or sent down to a lower level. It allows them to announce the decision even if they haven't figured out the player's destination yet.

Since he was a healthy (I assume) scratch for this past weekend's games they likely were trying to trade him within the WHL at that time, but when they found no takers he was sent back to Saskatchewan.