PDA

View Full Version : Moore

Hockey101
10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Moore was traded today to lethbridge. kind of sucks as he seemed to be doing well but hey rules are rules.

Rebrevs
10-18-2005, 11:04 PM
I hope Shaden continues to do well. He earned the right to stay in the WHL.

Tinner
10-19-2005, 06:54 AM
well that surprises me but not that I didnt think he would be the one to go. Personally I wouldn't have traded for Hanson to create the problem. That said, I would have trade him before Moore. Good luck to Shaden.

Courtney08-
10-19-2005, 08:11 AM
its good tho at least it was a trade and not a release :)

D.A.
10-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Trading for Hansen didn't cause the problem - we just would have been trying to trade Johnson instead then.

Red celtic
10-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Personally I think they made the right decission Hansen is a proven vet in a position that is weak right now for the Rebs. Shadden gets to stay in the league and end his junior career in the Dub plus we pick up a 7th rounder. As for the trade what did Johnson do for us while he was here?
:confused:

Rebrevs
10-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I agree that Hansen is not the problem. I recall that Moore wasn't playing particularly well last season. THe trade for Hansen took place in the summer before Moore showed up and stepped it up. Who was to know that he would improve so much. Hansen however still has the experience and in my mind was the right choice to stay within the ranks.

hitmen20
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Since the cut-down day was last Wednesday for the 3 overagers, how did Sutter keep Moore aboard when he claimed Rome, Hansen, and Wick as the Rebels overagers? Did he get an extension when Wick was returned from Ottawa?

Sgt. Zeek
10-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I was told it was because Hansen was on the injury reserve.

Rebel66
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Did he get an extension when Wick was returned from Ottawa?

Yes he did since Wick was returned so late to the team.

My take on the move: The Rebels were in the position of having to trade a 20 no matter what so Hansen is certainly not the reason for this move. Johnson would likely have been moved before Moore though. In the circumstances I think that the Rebels did very well getting a pick for the player. Hansen was the obvious choice to stay given his extensive experience.

Courtney08-
10-19-2005, 09:58 PM
sutter knows whats going on.. he knows what he is doing, whats done is done..
As for hansen.. I thought he would of been something good, but since exhibition he has done nothing but disapoint me esepcially in exhibition... He is definatly not being the player i sought him out to be..
Shady pulled up his socks big time and deserves a spot in this league, Not saying that Hansen doesnt, but i just dont see much talent in his game, but i hope he shows me up and proves me wrong
Johnson.. When he first got traded here he had a fire under his butt and last year the fire was gone, he wasnt much either..
Its really to bad that people like Hansen arent pulling there weight around, but good thing we got lil jordan knacksteads out there to show where the heart and talent really lies, clearly not in some of the vets but a lot of those young guys so much talent good thing the vets have been playing like crap so the rookies can show what they have!
GO REBELS GO
I hope everyone starts to pull there weight and gets a fire under the Butts so we can have a great team and an entertaining season :bounce:

D.A.
10-19-2005, 10:14 PM
I think it's a bit early to judge Hansen just yet. He's only played in one home game so far and maybe a couple exhibition games for those who travelled to see them. I'd want to see him a bit more than than before I said he wasn't delivering. He'll be fine.