PDA

View Full Version : Americans Name Schneider Captain

Stay-Puft
10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Kennewick, WA – The Tri-City Americans today have named 20-year-old center Matt Schneider the team captain for the 2005-06 season. Schneider becomes the 17th captain in franchise history.

Schneider will be supported by fellow 20-year-old’s Ian McDonald and Jason Beeman along with 19-year-old Logan Stephenson as alternate captains. 18-year-old goaltender Carey Price will assist in the leadership group but will not wear an “A” due to rules not allowing goaltenders to serve in this position.

“This was a very difficult decision to make due to the quality of the individuals we had to select from based on their character and being good people that are committed,” said Americans head coach Don Nachbaur. “I always look for a guy that is going to promote our ideals and philosophies both on the ice and off the ice. With these five players we have formed a very solid leadership group.”

“With this core leadership group we feel that we have the makings of a very good hockey team,” continued Nachbaur. “It’s in the right hands and this group will lead us in the right direction today and into the future.”

“It’s a new challenge for me but I feel I have a good support group to help me,” said Schneider. “I’m truly honored to be selected and it’s a great privilege for me.”

The Americans are idle until this Saturday, October 22nd when they travel to Everett to face the U.S. Division rival Everett Silvertips at 7:05 pm. Airtime for the Farmers Insurance Warm-Up Show is 6:45 pm on News Talk 870 KFLD.

HAF
10-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Damn, ya beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post it...lol...
congrats goes to Schneider, He wasnt my first choice but I think he'll do great.

Stay-Puft
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Great job, Matt. I think Stevenson would have been a solid choice as well.

AMS Princess
10-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Congrats to the boys of leadership. Lead to a great season. Now about Carey, why can't a goalie have an A or any leadership position?

Brad
10-20-2005, 10:04 AM
As the coach referenced, its a rule.

Section 2, Rule 14 (d) No playing Coach or playing Manager or goalkeeper shall be permitted to act as Captain or Alternate Captain.