PDA

View Full Version : Wall moves up to NHL

Tipped Off
10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
I know this is more Tips related, but being this is the first ex-Tip ever to make the NHL (whether he actually sees any PT in what I'm sure will be a short stint as Jiggy recovers from a little injury is a different question) I wanted to post this for all to see.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Announce Roster Moves

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled goaltender Michael Wall from, and reassigned defenseman Bruno St. Jacques to the Portland Pirates, Anaheim’s primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).

Wall, 20 (7/25/85), has appeared in three games with Portland this season, going 1-2-0 with a 4.02 goals-against average (GAA) and .867 save percentage (SV%). He spent last season with Everett of the Western Hockey League (WHL), where he posted a 24-22-8 record in 56 games with a 1.92 GAA, .931 SV% and 10 shutouts. His shutout total was the second best in the WHL.

The 6-2, 189-pound native of Telkwa, British Columbia, signed a three-year entry level contract with Anaheim on Sept. 29, 2005.

St. Jacques, 25 (8/22/80), made his Anaheim debut Oct. 16 at Minnesota and scored a goal after being recalled the previous day. He was a healthy scratch in last night’s game at St. Louis.

With Portland this season, he has played two games, scoring 0-1=1 point with seven penalty minutes. Last season, he played 68 games for the Lowell Lock Monsters (AHL), scoring 2-12=14 points with 60 penalty minutes (PIM). In addition, he played in 11 playoff games, scoring 1-4=5 points with four PIM.

The Mighty Ducks now have 23 players on their active roster. Anaheim will play the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow at 4:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on FSN West 2

Rooselk
10-20-2005, 05:43 PM
For Tips fans with Center Ice, the Ducks / Redwings game is on channel 462 tomorrow at 4:30.

Tipped Off
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Here's hoping the Brydz in Anaheim gives up 4 in the first so Wall can actually get into a game!

Fight Guy
10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Here's hoping the Brydz in Anaheim gives up 4 in the first so Wall can actually get into a game!
When Harding was called up as an emergancy back up for the Wild, the other back up who played didnt do too well, and was hoping they'd put Harding in...but they didnt.

I really wish Wall came to Regina. That would have been sweet. Atleast Reekie is doing well.

kelownakarl
10-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Always great seeing former WHL'ers making the big step.